cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pledge 1%'s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are paving the way for the next generation. While our featured leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, they are united in their efforts to promote equality for all women in the workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their journey to success, as well as lessons they’ve learned along the way. 

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 9.20.52 AM.png

Sara Cabras

Digital Academy & HR Manager, Balance SPA

Cagliari, Italy

What is your current role? Briefly describe in 1-2 sentences.

I hold three key positions at Balance, including Recruiting Manager, HR Manager, and Responsible for the Balance Digital Academy.  As Recruiting Manager, I am responsible for identifying, attracting, and selecting top talent in our industry.  As HR Manager, I oversee staffing, resource allocation, capacity planning, and ensure that we continue to deliver high-quality service that Balance is known for.  As Responsible for the Balance Digital Academy, my focus is on supporting the development of everyone in Balance, preparing them for their certification journey, as well as managing their training and career development.

This year's International Women's Day theme is "Embrace Equity." What does this mean to you? How can we build workplaces that are more equitable and inclusive?

Embrace Equity means providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone, regardless of their background. For me, this means promoting gender diversity and inclusion, empowering women, and supporting women in STEM while providing resources and tools to help women achieve their full potential and offer equal opportunities for career growth and development as well as supporting their work-life balance.

To build a more equitable and inclusive workplace, our company has made it a priority to invest in our employees' development in innovative and personalized ways. In fact we have launched our own Digital Academy, where we take action and invest in employee up-skilling and reskilling programs. By providing equal opportunities for career growth and development, supporting work-life balance, and promoting gender equality in the workplace, we are fostering a culture of inclusion.

While it may require a deliberate and ongoing effort, we believe that by taking these steps, we can create a more equitable and inclusive workplace for all employees. Through continuous education and awareness, we work hard to maintain a culture that values diversity and inclusion. This, in turn, can lead to increased employee satisfaction, productivity, and retention, as well as promoting a more just and equitable society for all.

Do you have any mentors or role models who have helped you on your personal journey?

I didn't have any formal mentors or role models in my personal journey, but I always learn something new with the people who I meet. All the experiences I have had, even the negative ones, have helped me become the person I am today, both personally and professionally. I was committed to achieving my goals and found inspiration and guidance in other ways. I attended workshops and conferences and sought advice from peers and colleagues. I was also open to seeking out mentorship or coaching opportunities through professional organizations or networking groups. By doing so, I was able to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed both personally and professionally.

Don't be afraid, in everything, there is a motivation or something that will serve you when you are in your place and feel it. Always bring out the best in every life experience. Ultimately, I believe that success is achieved through hard work, dedication, and a positive attitude, and I am committed to remaining focused on my goals.

What’s the best piece of advice you ever received?

The best piece of advice I ever received is to always maintain a positive attitude and to stay committed to my goals. I was taught that hard work and dedication are essential components for achieving success, but having a positive outlook and a strong sense of purpose are just as important. This advice has helped me overcome challenges and setbacks, and has motivated me to keep pushing forward even when faced with adversity. By staying focused on my goals and maintaining a positive mindset, I am able to approach challenges with a solution-focused mindset and persevere through difficult times.

The past few years have brought many new and unprecedented challenges. What keeps you motivated or inspires you to stay optimistic?

The past few years have certainly brought many new and unprecedented challenges, which has greatly impacted our personal and professional lives. What keeps me motivated and inspired to stay optimistic is a combination of factors, including the importance of never giving up, staying positive, and finding a true work-life balance.

In difficult circumstances, it is essential to stay positive and focused on finding solutions to the challenges we face. This mindset has helped me to overcome obstacles and find creative ways to adapt to new circumstances.

Additionally, it is crucial to maintain a healthy work-life balance, which can be a real challenge. However, I was lucky enough to work in Balance that prioritized work-life balance and provided us with the tools and resources we needed to find this balance, even during these challenging times.

Pledge 1% helps companies of all sizes and stages leverage their assets for social good. Why do you think it's important that companies prioritize social impact? Do you have any specific stories or examples from your work or colleagues you can share?

I believe by prioritizing social impact, we can make a positive difference in the world while also building a stronger and more successful business. Through my own work, I have seen firsthand the positive impact that companies can have on the environment, communities, and workforce when they prioritize social responsibility.

The specific example would be, at Balance, we believe that prioritizing sustainability is key to building a successful and socially responsible business and it is our commitment to reducing our impact on the environment while also supporting the communities where we operate. Through constant partnerships with different non-profit organizations, we are able to regenerate our ecosystem and promote positive social outcomes. We believe that it is our responsibility to give back to the community and contribute to a more sustainable future. We also recognize that diversity and inclusion are essential to fostering a more innovative and creative workplace culture. By creating a more welcoming and supportive workplace environment, we can attract and retain top talent and provide opportunities for all employees to contribute to the success of our business.

Through our commitment to sustainability, social responsibility, and diversity and inclusion, we are working to create a more sustainable and equitable future for all.

If you could describe yourself in one word what would that be and why?

If I had to describe myself in one word, that word would be determination. I've always had a strong drive to achieve my goals and push myself to new heights, both personally and professionally. I believe that having determination is essential to success, as it fuels us to overcome challenges, take risks, and strive for excellence. Overall, I believe that my determination is one of my greatest strengths and has helped me to achieve success in many areas of my life. It has driven me to pursue my passions, take on new challenges, and persist in the face of obstacles.

Do you have any unique or useful life hacks to help get through your day?

Absolutely! One life hack that I find particularly useful is to remember to smile throughout the day. Even if things get hectic or stressful, taking a moment to smile can help to release tension and increase positivity. It's a simple yet effective way to improve your mood and approach your day with a more optimistic mindset. Plus, smiling can also have a positive effect on those around you, which can help to improve team morale and productivity.

Do you have any go-to apps or tools use love to use?

Yes, one of my go-to apps that I love to use is Spotify. I don't have personal preferences or experiences, but I can tell you that Spotify is a great app for streaming music, podcasts and audiobooks. Listening to music while working has a positive impact on productivity and creativity. It helps me to create a more relaxed and focused working environment, as well as provide motivation and energy especially when I start the day in the morning.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

I am a naturally curious person, and I always try to approach life with a sense of openness and excitement about what's to come. This year, I am looking forward to challenging myself to try new things and explore new experiences. On a personal level, I am excited to travel more and explore new cultures.

Professionally, I am looking forward to taking on new responsibilities and projects that will allow me to grow and develop my skills further. Additionally, I am always seeking to learn more and stay up-to-date on industry trends and advancements, which is why I plan to attend relevant workshops and conferences to stay stimulated and engaged in my work. Overall, I am eager to see what opportunities and experiences come my way this year and to approach them with a curious and open mindset.