Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

3.png

Piyusha Pilania

Salesforce Consulting Manager, Horizontal Digital

📍Vadodara, India

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?

Resilience. I come from a very traditional Rajasthani family where girls are married as soon as possible, I was married at the age of 20 during my bachelor's degree. I trained to be a housewife and dedicate my life towards family. But I wanted to do something to change this narrative, I built a career for myself and now I'm helping other females in the villages of Rajasthan to stand on their feet and have a career of their own.

Pledge 1% provides a framework for businesses to do good. Do you think it’s important for today’s corporate leaders to prioritize social impact? If so, why?

Leaders need to put social impact high on their list of priorities because it's all about making a real difference in the world. By focusing on social initiatives, we can grow together in a way that includes everyone. These efforts are crucial for lifting up communities that might be struggling financially or facing other kinds of challenges. It's about bringing people together from all walks of life and making sure everyone has a fair shot.

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?

I love giving back, both on my own and alongside my team. Personally, I lead workshops in Rajasthan's rural villages to inspire and empower women through education. I'm also deeply involved in organizing Salesforce events and mentorship programs, all aimed at empowering our youth with the skills they need for the future. Together with my team, we reach out to schools in underprivileged areas, donating essential school supplies and sharing a glimpse into the corporate world. Plus, we each get some time off every year to volunteer for a cause that's close to our hearts.

What’s the best piece of advice you've ever received?

When I got married, I remember telling my teacher I thought I'd end up being a housewife forever because having a career seemed like an impossible dream. But she gave me some life-changing advice. She said, "You won't know unless you try." So, I took her words to heart, and look where I am now—balancing life as a mom and a wife, all while nurturing my career.

This year’s International Women’s Day themes are focused on investing in women and inspiring inclusion. What can we do to make today’s workplaces more equitable and inclusive for women?

One simple yet powerful idea is to start mentorship programs specifically designed for women. By pairing up-and-coming female professionals with seasoned leaders, we can create a supportive environment that not only nurtures their growth but also paves the way for a more inclusive culture. It's about giving women the tools, confidence, and network they need to shine.

Another idea is to create a nurturing environment for new mothers in the workplace. They're already on the incredible journey of caring for a little one, and having the support of their team can make all the difference.

"Imagine flexible working hours, dedicated mother's rooms for privacy, and a culture that truly understands the balance between work and family life. It's about showing new moms that they're valued not just as employees, but as whole people taking on one of life's most beautiful challenges."

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

You are no way less than the opposite gender so you need to overcome the imposter syndrome and grab the opportunities to progress in your career. Support other females as much as you can this camaraderie can help us grow significantly.

image.remini-enhanced (16) - Piyusha Pilania.jpg

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

This year is already looking so bright, I have already presented a session at Philippines Dreamin, and I have started my new role this month onwards. For the upcoming months, I plan on getting some new certifications to upskill myself, run some more bootcamps, present a session at Dreamforce and organize at least one speed mentoring session each month.