This profile is published as part of Pledge 1%’s Women Who Lead series, which celebrates women in the Pledge 1% community who are creating change within their workplace and communities.

Heather Sittig Jackson is an entrepreneur who has dedicated her career to making the world of real estate a better place for agents and homeowners.  Her bay area brokerage, Maison Nouveau was acquired in 2011 providing her the opportunity to leverage her experience as a broker and agent in technology.  Today Heather brings her expertise on content sharing for the modern agent and her firm belief in the power of transparency to her role as CoFounder and CEO of Relola.

Read the post below from Heather to learn more about her career journey and her dedication to giving back.

“Building Big Business Starts at Home” by Heather Sittig Jackson, CEO + CoFounder, Relola

Real Estate is everywhere, impacts all people, and is a thrilling industry to be a part of.  In 2015 I founded Relola to provide technology tools to the real estate industry, which gather and share the opinions of local market experts about homes and neighborhood amenities.  I am incredibly fortunate to have a talented team and supportive group of investors who share in the company vision and the commitment of making it a reality.

When forming Relola we realized that we are building a company that will have global reach and the ability to make a positive impact on people’s lives. Recognizing the potential we have to use our corporate platform to build and nurture communities around the world immediately inspired us, so we created the Relola Cares initiative very early on.  Relola Cares represents our dedication to make financial contributions to the philanthropic organizations our customers care about.  When we learned about the Pledge 1% program we jumped at the opportunity to sign up because it gives us one more way to demonstrate corporate stewardship in the form of philanthropy.

At home I teach my children to be loving and kind in all of their actions.  I teach them that how we treat others is the most important quality of who we are.  While my children may grow up to be anything they desire, it is my dream to see them become good citizens and to employ our family mantra of being loving and kind in everything they do.

And this is exactly the kind of company we seek to create.  This dedication to doing good goes beyond our commitment to corporate philanthropy, but is also the essence of how we treat our co-workers, our customers, and our extended community.  Beyond the intrinsic reward of feeling good, we are creating a company that treats people right and ushers positive change in the world. This ripple effect creates opportunity and the right environment to build a company poised to realize tremendous value.  It’s simply good business.  And as a leader in an industry with unlimited potential, when I see a better way it’s my job to make it happen.