cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pledge 1%'s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are paving the way for the next generation. While our featured leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, they are united in their efforts to promote equality for all women in the workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their journey to success, as well as lessons they’ve learned along the way.

WWL 2022 - Headshots-1.png

Eja Batbold

CEO/Cofounder at Tomyo Edtech

Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

What is your current role? Briefly describe in 1-2 sentences. 

I oversee the operations and fundraising side of the business. Now the company has 23+ employees so it is nice to see other people step up and take over some of my plates. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 12.56.29 - Eja Batbold.png

What’s the best part of your job? What do you enjoy the most?

When we receive messages to our social accounts, comments on our pages from customers/students who demand the next courses and more content on our educational platform. Such comments make our work so worth it to actualize the impact and see our product is reaching rural parts of Mongolia. 

We’ve all faced personal and professional challenges these past two years - what motivates you to keep going?

Online education has never been this relevant and due to pandemic, our technology and product played critical role in closing the gap in educational content delivery to both urban and rural students. We saw in increase in our products from 50K to 350K users in the past 2 years. That's real impact, that's what motivates me.

What’s the best piece of advice you ever received? 

If you think you cannot, you never will. 

What does generosity mean to you?

Sharing the knowledge and opportunity to those around you. 

How do you feel businesses can play a larger role in solving today’s biggest challenges? Do you have any specific stories or examples from your work or colleagues you can share?

We initially started as a mobile app platform for educational content creator to share and teach anyone. We saw great traction and special demand from rural parts of Mongolia because it was not something they had access physically in their small towns. And then year 2, other educational institutions such as Asia Foundation, Women Business Center, Memory Words, Science of Yoga started using our core technology to service their communities digitally too. Now, we have launched more than 10+ platforms white labeled and each serving their communities and providing information instantly across the country, actually all over the world (Mongolia, Korea, Japan, US)

_MG_0258 - Eja Batbold.jpg

If you could describe yourself in one word what would that be and why?

My name is Eja Batbold, and I really like my last name Bold. I have social media handles as "theboldstory". 

If you could pick a song to guide you through 2022, which song would it be? 

Don't Stop Me Now by Queen.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

This year, we got investments from US based VC and I am now in LA, USA expanding our operations in the land of opportunity. I am excited about our first 2 US clients apps that we launched for them and also some deals we are progressing in the pipeline. It is an exciting year to be here. 

Is there anything else you’d like to share?

It is such exciting times that now kids in Mongolia and likewise kids in the US are watching the same YouTube content and they are getting instant information. If we can double down on the educational content aspect with such powerful technology, we can help millions of people to reach their full potential despite their economic/country status.