cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pledge 1%'s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are paving the way for the next generation. While our featured leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, they are united in their efforts to promote equality for all women in the workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their journey to success, as well as lessons they’ve learned along the way. 

WWL 2022 - Headshots(15).png

Justine Violante

Vice President of Marketing, Appfire Technologies

Zurich, Switzerland 

What is your current role? Briefly describe in 1-2 sentences. 

As a leader in a product-led SaaS company, Appfire Technologies, my role is to empower and enable our product marketing organization with strategy and market growth.

I am responsible for a portfolio of 185+ products across 8 solution categories, and lead a team of 13 talented marketers; working closely and cross-functionally with senior leaders managing the channel, product development, engineering and business operations.

What’s the best part of your job? What do you enjoy the most?

In my time at Appfire, the rapid and constant growth has been the most exciting part of my job, and having the opportunity to scale and shape a talented team that is diverse and inclusive has been the most rewarding experience so far.

We’ve all faced personal and professional challenges these past two years - what motivates you to keep going?

My family - I have three daughters and I strive to give them a strong, confident and positive role model, always.

What’s the best piece of advice you ever received? 

It's all about perspective - listen, ask questions and think laterally

What does generosity mean to you?

Sharing, giving, doing - with no strings or expectations attached.

How do you feel businesses can play a larger role in solving today’s biggest challenges? Do you have any specific stories or examples from your work or colleagues you can share? 

Be the change they seek.

I admire the founders of Atlassian who are committed to philanthropic causes not only with words but with action and activism. Mike Cannon-Brookes, the co-founder of Atlassian and climate change advocate, has placed a bid on Australian energy giant AGL to pursue net zero electricity generation, potentially one of the biggest decarbonisation projects globally to be achieved by 2035.

Also, Melanie Perkins (and Atlassian Alumni)and Cliff Obrecht, co-founders of Canva, pledged to donate the majority of their 30% equity to philanthropic projects when they reached their $40billion valuation.

Similarly, at Appfire, all employees have time to give back to our chosen causes. With our commitment to Pledge 1%, we are encouraged to share stories and engage in efforts of generous giving - the most recent example being the rehousing, relocation and assistance team members offered to our colleagues and their families affected by the Ukraine Crisis.

Growth is awesome. Greed is not 🙂

If you could describe yourself in one word what would that be and why?

Dynamic

If you could pick a song to guide you through 2022, which song would it be? 

Russians by Sting.

(please read the lyrics) 

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

Meeting my team physically for the first time, celebrating our growth; and exploring new places around the world again.