cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

44.png

Boladale Olagoke

Founder, Dalewears and Head Of Marketing, Shoptreo

📍Lagos Nigeria

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?

I will choose creativity. From a young age, I was drawn to the art of shoemaking. With a natural flair for design and a meticulous attention to detail, I poured my heart and soul into every pair of shoes I have ever crafted.

But my creativity didn't stop there. By day, I served as the Head of Marketing at Shoptreo, a renowned B2B fashion marketplace. I infused their campaigns with innovative ideas and bold concepts, always pushing the boundaries of what was possible.

At some point, faced with the challenge of launching a new line of shoes, I knew I had to do something extraordinary. Drawing inspiration from my passion for shoemaking and love for art, I devised a campaign that went on to captivate my audience.

From the humble beginnings of tinkering with shoe designs to leading groundbreaking marketing campaigns, my creativity has been the driving force behind my success. With endless zeal and a relentless pursuit of innovation, I knew I would continue to leave my mark on the world of shoemaking, one creative step at a time.

Pledge 1% provides a framework for businesses to do good. Do you think it’s important for today’s corporate leaders to prioritize social impact? If so, why?

Yes, it's important for today's corporate leaders to prioritize social impact. Prioritizing social impact is not only the right thing to do ethically but also makes good business sense by fostering long-term sustainability, attracting talent, mitigating risks, driving innovation, and enhancing reputation and brand value.

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?

For me, giving back to the community is not just a gesture; it's a core value that drives everything I do. Together with my team at Shoptreo, we've embarked on various initiatives aimed at making a meaningful impact on the lives of others.

One of our proudest endeavors has been our shoe donation program to local orphanages. Seeing the smiles on the children's faces as they receive a new pair of shoes fills us with immense joy and reinforces our commitment to serving those in need.

Additionally, I spearheaded a "One Shoe Per Time" campaign, inspired by the belief that even the smallest acts of kindness can make a difference. Through this campaign, we encourage our customers to donate a pair of shoes with every purchase, amplifying the reach of our efforts and fostering a culture of giving within our community.

Beyond shoe donations, we've also allocated funds to support child foundations dedicated to nurturing the talents and aspirations of underprivileged children. Whether it's providing access to education, mentorship programs, or extracurricular activities, we believe in empowering young minds to reach their full potential, regardless of their circumstances.

For me, giving back to the community isn't just about writing a check or ticking a box; it's about actively engaging with those around us, leveraging our resources and influence to create positive change, and leaving a lasting legacy of compassion and empathy. It's an integral part of who I am, both personally and professionally, and I'm grateful to have a team at Shoptreo who shares this commitment to making the world a better place, one step at a time.

What’s the best piece of advice you've ever received?

The best piece of advice I've received on my journey is to always be resilient and intentional about my goals. Resilience has been my guiding principle, enabling me to weather storms and emerge stronger than before.

Remaining steadfast in the face of adversity, setbacks, and unexpected obstacles has taught me the importance of perseverance and determination. By staying focused on my goals and refusing to be deterred by temporary setbacks, I've been able to turn challenges into opportunities for growth and learning.

Moreover, being intentional about my goals has been instrumental in shaping my path forward. Rather than drifting aimlessly, I've learned to define clear objectives, develop actionable plans, and consistently take steps towards their realization. This deliberate approach has helped me stay aligned with my values, priorities, and aspirations, ensuring that every decision I make contributes to my overall vision for success.

"The best piece of advice I've received on my journey is to always be resilient and intentional about my goals."

This year’s International Women’s Day themes are focused on investing in women and inspiring inclusion. What can we do to make today’s workplaces more equitable and inclusive for women?

To foster a workplace environment that is truly equitable and inclusive for women, we need to take proactive steps and implement meaningful initiatives that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion. Some of the strategies we can adopt are:

1. Equal Pay and Benefits: Employers should ensure that women receive equal pay for equal work and have access to the same benefits and opportunities as their male counterparts. Conduct regular pay audits to identify and address any disparities this women might have.

2. Diverse Representation: We should also cultivate the habit to promote gender diversity at all levels of the organization, including leadership positions. Implement targeted recruitment and advancement programs to attract and retain talented women, and provide mentorship and sponsorship opportunities to support their career growth.

With this initiatives and more, I believe we can create a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where all employees, regardless of gender, can thrive and succeed.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

For women embarking on their career journeys for the first time, it's very important to equip them with the guidance and support they need to navigate the professional landscape with confidence and resilience. Women need to embrace authenticity, seek mentorship and sponsorship, never stop learning, speak up and advocate for themselves, build a strong support network, take risks and embrace failure, and champion diversity and inclusion.

With this tips, I believe women can embark on their career journeys with confidence, resilience, and a sense of purpose, and of course, paving the way for future success and fulfillment.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

As I look forward to this year, I am incredibly excited about the opportunities to expand my shoe brand, Dalewears, and to further deepen my expertise in the fashion industry. My vision is to elevate Dalewears to become Africa's biggest shoe brand, representing quality craftsmanship, innovative design, and a commitment to sustainability.

Expanding Dalewears presents a multifaceted journey that involves not only scaling production and distribution but also cultivating brand identity, fostering customer engagement, and forging strategic partnerships. I am eager to embark on this journey, fueled by a passion for shoemaking and a determination to make a meaningful impact in the fashion landscape.

In addition to growing Dalewears, I am also committed to deepening my expertise in the fashion industry. This entails immersing myself in the latest trends and technologies, honing my design skills, and expanding my knowledge of business strategies and market dynamics. I am excited about the prospect of pushing the boundaries of creativity and innovation within the fashion industry and contributing to its vibrant evolution.

By pursuing these goals, I am not only investing in my own personal and professional growth but also contributing to the broader narrative of African entrepreneurship and creativity. I am excited about the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead and am committed to embracing them with enthusiasm, resilience, and a relentless pursuit of excellence.

IMG-20240227-WA0007 - classictrio company.jpg