cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

33.png

Sam Rad

Futurist & Anthropologist, Radical Next
📍New York, NY

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?
Curious. For as long as I can remember, I have been driven by my curiosity and eagerness to learn through experience. I call myself a “student of humanity” for this reason. I am an anthropologist who has lived in the most remote jungles and farthest reaches of the internet’s virtual communities; nn ex-professional skydiver who learned to fly, then jump out of planes — out of an interest for physics; a storyteller who found herself subject to a documentary tv series, more than one. 

I live life fully present and immersed, which shapes my viewpoint of the future. 

IMG_2023 - Samantha Radocchia.jpeg

Pledge 1% provides a framework for businesses to do good. Do you think it’s important for today’s corporate leaders to prioritize social impact? If so, why?
I’ve built 4 successful technology companies, written 2 books, and helped invent some of the most impactful technologies of this century — and what is the one thing that has driven me?

Was it money? No. Recognition? No. It’s purpose. 

I consider myself of service to humanity and my particular role is educating leaders on stages and other channels as what I call a “metamedia storyteller.” I share stories that shape a positive future. And in that respect, everything I do prioritizes social impact. If not, what else are we all doing here as human beings?

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?

For every speech I give or business I help get off the ground I donate my time pro-bono to projects shaping the future. I’ve traveled around the world empowering folks with technology knowledge, communication strategies, and more importantly, learning from them as teachers so we can more directly integrate our global shared experiences. Last year, I lived in remote villages deep in the Amazon (Peru and Brazil) working towards new models of rainforest regeneration and economic development.

IMG_2018 - Samantha Radocchia.jpeg

What’s the best piece of advice you've ever received?
Keep shining your light. Shine bright and radiate radically. Because your light will be needed in the darkest of places.

That’s not always easy, but if you know you are living your purpose and mission, you will have the strength to forge ahead.

So what’s the mantra I live by?

BE AUTHENTIC. Once you align to your authenticity, share your beautiful unique light and gifts with the world to make an impact where it’s needed most. Leave your ego at the door.

Once you align to your authenticity, share your beautiful unique light and gifts with the world to make an impact where it’s needed most.

This year’s International Women’s Day themes are focused on investing in women and inspiring inclusion. What can we do to make today’s workplaces more equitable and inclusive for women?
1 Compensate women accordingly.
2 Fund female founders.
3 Hold space for different forms of thinking — for example creative or radial thinking versus logical or deductive reasoning.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?
The left brain (logic) and right brain (creativity) are skills needed to navigate this world. 

For much of human history, our societies have valued the very “masculine” energetic approach to logic and reason, while discounting creativity and emotion. 

In the Age of Acceleration, characterized by AI, quantum computing, spatial computing, and beyond — where our very logic and reason is in question — the most important skills are our human intuition, creativity, and empathy. These are historically considered “feminine” skills (not to gender this concept, it’s just from a spiritual or historical perspective). So I thought, let the “experts” lead here in this age. Women, it’s your time to shine. Lead with the strength of your creative, flowy, intuition.

IMG_2027 - Samantha Radocchia.jpeg

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?
I am releasing my next book, Radical Next: Self and Society in the Age of Acceleration in the Fall of 2024. 

I’ll be traveling the world sharing stories of radical transformation on 6 continents (maybe 7… and let’s aim for Space too?!). I have a few video and documentary projects in pre-production that I’m excited about. And overall, continuing my work to guide people through times of radical and accelerating change.