cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

47.png

Jayne Warrilow

Founder & CEO, Sacred Changemakers

📍Columbus, Ohio

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?

Curious - I don't settle for the way things are and am always looking to evolve and improve, I tend to disrupt the status quo.

Pledge 1% provides a framework for businesses to do good. Do you think it’s important for today’s corporate leaders to prioritize social impact? If so, why?

Yes. This is key to my work at Sacred Changemakers, after working a consultant/coach for over 30 years I realized my impact has been to make a lot of white people even richer, that had to change.

Business is the biggest lever for change we have, we must shift our perspective beyond profit. This is my legacy work, I'm dedicating the rest of my career to this message.

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?

Yes, we partner with B1G1 to support many projects worldwide aligned with the UN SDG's. We also support Pachamama Alliance and last year I travelled to Ecuador to live with 2 different Indigenous Nations to see first hand the damage being done to the Amazon Rainforest. It was life changing and has doubled our efforts to helping more business leaders understand the problems and helping them to make changes, beyond merely having a CSR department - over there and not integrated into the organizational culture.

IMG_7505 - Jayne Warrilow.jpeg

What’s the best piece of advice you've ever received?

"The people who are the hardest to love are the ones who need it most." This is a great reminder when doing this work and coming up against sexism and bias in my work. It's helped me so much over the years to stay compassionate when powerful men especially, can be so rude!

"The people who are the hardest to love are the ones who need it most."

This year’s International Women’s Day themes are focused on investing in women and inspiring inclusion. What can we do to make today’s workplaces more equitable and inclusive for women?

Continue shattering the glass ceiling. Dismantle the patriarchy. Create equality. We are still so far away from where we need to be. Raise awareness and change culture one conversation at a time.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

Do your own inner work to find your true purpose. Get to know yourself first. Then find a career and organization where you can express what matters most to you fully. If you find yourself in a job where you can't bring yourself to work, for whatever reason, leave - your health and wellbeing are more important than you might think.

In your 20s take jobs that give you the experience you need to be ready for an amazing role in your 30s forget about the money...

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

We redesigning and evolving our podcast and community to bring even more value to our Sacred Changemakers. We're also investigating B-Corp status and considering running our own conference in 2025 to lead the conversation that matters most.