Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

31.png

Aylin Albayrak

Marketing Executive, Zumzum

📍Stockport, UK

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?

If I were to describe myself in one word, it would be "organized." I like planning and methodically following the steps in everything I undertake. Preferring not to leave anything to chance, I maintain regular notes to ensure I never miss important dates or updates.

Pledge 1% provides a framework for businesses to do good. Do you think it’s important for today’s corporate leaders to prioritize social impact? If so, why?

It is important for business leaders to prioritize social impact because they inspire many people. Their successes and reputation inspire both individuals and other organizations. A leader's success in embracing social impact not only influences those currently following them but also serves as an inspiration for others to align themselves in a similar direction.

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?

Zumzum takes pride in its dedication to social impact and supporting the community. Through our membership in the Pledge 1%, Zumzum is committed to making a positive difference through corporate philanthropy.

At Zumzum, we donate our time, products, and unique skills in cloud computing to empower nonprofits, enhancing their collaboration and productivity. As an example of our commitment to the Pledge 1% movement; Zumzum has donated time and services to a special nurturing school based in Stockport, UK. With the help of Zumzum, the school has saved £30,000 by avoiding the hassle of spending money on expensive systems. We are delighted to see the impact Zumzum has on communities, contributing to their goals and success.

This year’s International Women’s Day themes are focused on investing in women and inspiring inclusion. What can we do to make today’s workplaces more equitable and inclusive for women?

To foster equality in workplaces, organizations must believe in the strength of diversity and inclusion.

To do this, companies may try to educate their team about the significance of equality and its value. Implementing specific activities, campaigns, or initiatives geared towards empowering women professionals can also be a good step. I believe that nurturing diversity and equality will create positive outcomes for both individuals and organisations.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

My advice is to believe in yourself and in the value you bring to your work. Take challenges as a learning experience, continuously refine your skills, and build a strong professional network. Believe in equality and do your best to empower women.

"My advice is to believe in yourself and in the value you bring to your work."

1 Comment