cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alexandra-Gobbi-Code42-Softward

Pledge 1%’s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are changing the world. Our leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, and are all doing their part to have an impact in their communities and at their workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their background and path to success.

What is your name and title?

Alexandra Gobbi, CMO at Code42 Software.

Briefly (1-2 sentences) describe your current role.

As CMO, I am responsible for the company’s global product marketing, brand development, corporate communications, demand generation, marketing operations and field marketing activities.

What’s the best decision you’ve ever made?

Be open to opportunities as they arise. My career path has taken me along roles that I would not have deliberately mapped out. However, looking back, they each contributed to shaping who I am today. Some roles have given me specific functional skills, others have taken me on geographic journeys. Most of all, each role has helped me define my leadership style and values.

What’s the number one challenge you face as a woman in your industry?

I am very lucky that there are a number of female B2B tech CMOs and I feel well supported by this tribe.

Do you have any mentors? What does mentorship mean to you?

I have been fortunate to work with and alongside some incredible leaders and have been exposed to career marketers along the way. Many have provided guidance and often unique perspectives that have helped me make better decisions. Sometimes it’s the most powerful questions and statements that make you reframe how you operate, like “You’ve got another run in you!”.

I think that is what mentorship means to me – the ability to reframe and refocus a situation and the surge of energy and support you need to get through.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

Speak up. Coming from a European education, I was brought up to listen and engage only when called upon. I learned later in life that my perspectives, questions and insights were just as valid as those of others in the room.

No one has the answer, but together we can determine a better solution to a problem and it requires everyone to engage.

Women need to feel comfortable asking tough questions and advocating for themselves. The earlier you start, the easier it becomes.

What woman inspires you the most? Why?

There are many women across the world that have inspired me for their courage, authenticity and leadership. Specifically, the following come to mind. Debra Searle for her courage as she decided to row across the Atlantic solo and after her husband succumbed to open water anxiety. Also, Christine Lagarde, the current president of the European Central Bank for her global influence in the male-dominated financial sector.

Are you reading/listening to anything interesting at the moment? Please share your most recent favorite book or podcast!

I recently have started to run and love listening to various marketing (B2B Growth), leadership (Ted WorkLife) and neuroscience (Hidden Brain) podcasts while running. I’m currently reading The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg and am fascinated by the impact one small change can have on one’s life.

What’s something coming up that excites you?

My youngest son is graduating from high school this year and my husband and I will join the empty nesters club. I’m excited to see my kids spread their wings and find their passions. I’m also looking forward to fun weekend escapes with my husband.

Originally posted: March 16, 2020