cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager
By Kara Goldin, founder and CEO, hint, inc. 

Since creating hint® water to help myself and others break free from sugary and diet-sweetened drinks, I’ve heard from thousands of people who feel that drinking hint helps them live healthier lives. Their stories inspire us not only to continue our fight against the giant beverage companies but also to continue to support many health-related charities that are helping tear down the barriers to a healthier life.

From day one, we built support for charitable causes into hint’s company DNA, and that’s why I was so excited to hear about and support Pledge 1%, a global movement that challenges companies to make giving an integral part of their company culture. I believe that every company that aims to make this a better world can and should make giving back part of their company mission.

For hint, supporting charitable causes takes many forms, including donating product and time to help charities raise money; donating product for disaster relief efforts, such as the recent hurricane in Houston and wild fires in Northern California; and donating money to support causes like breast cancer screenings and cancer research. For example, on World Cancer Day we donated a portion of our profits to cancer research, celebrating the launch of our new hint sunscreen line, which is scented with hint fruit essences to make applying sunscreen a pleasing and uplifting experience that you’ll want to repeat.

I urge you to find one or more causes that resonate with your culture and to contribute in whatever way you can. We’re honored to be part of the Pledge 1% movement and look forward to hearing about the ways you find to give back as well. Together, we can make a real difference.

Originally posted: November 28, 2017