cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

52.jpg

Trishunda A. Mooney

Founder/CEO, 4th Moon Productions
📍Alpharetta, USA

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?
Hopeful! Growing up in rural Alabama, just below the poverty line, the 4th child of six, who was diagnosed at three years old with the most severe form of sickle cell disease (SS), I've strongly leaned on hope to keep moving.

My parents did a great job doing all they could to provide for us in so many ways. They embedded within each of us the importance of family and thinking outside of the box. Though we were not given everything we asked for, I remained hopeful they would find a way to deliver something even better and they never let me down. When I was diagnosed with this blood disorder, my parents also received the news that I was not expected to live beyond eight years old.

As far back as I can remember, I've turned to the hope of tomorrow, the next moment, the next year of achieving even more than what was being presented to me at the time. If I saw something that was contrary to what I was experiencing, I was hopeful I would too have the opportunity to show myself how my life is not limited to my circumstances.

Pledge 1% provides a framework for businesses to do good. Do you think it’s important for today’s corporate leaders to prioritize social impact? If so, why?
100%! There is something we are all passionate about, something we've all uniquely gone through that we could lend our voices and platform to bring awareness and education. In doing so, we bridge gaps in humanity...helping others who are currently experiencing something you've been through feel as though they are not alone. And even more so, you are an example of that circumstance not dictating your entire life.

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?

Yes we do. Currently, 4th Moon Productions is producing an animated short film to bring awareness and education in support of the sickle cell community worldwide. Though the subject matter embedded within this project is sickle cell disease (SCD), we are determined to share it in a way that anyone diagnosed with any sickness, disease, and/or disability will find themselves in the story and be inspired to live beyond.

Sickle Cell - 4th Moon Productions.png

As the leader of 4th Moon Productions and producer of this project I feel more education and awareness is needed in support of bridging that gap where others with SCD, those fighting to make healthcare less discriminatory and accessible, family members and caregivers providing day-to-day care, or parents receiving the news of their child(ren) diagnosis feel the topic of sickle cell disease is apart of the conversations for change socially, politically, economically and globally.

What’s the best piece of advice you've ever received?
It is as you believe.

This year’s International Women’s Day themes are focused on investing in women and inspiring inclusion. What can we do to make today’s workplaces more equitable and inclusive for women?
First, understand how bringing "women" to the table of discussion about change is already inclusive. But to further that notion, "women" is made up of some uniquely talented, skillful, wise, strong, loving, passionate, diverse human beings who are all different in their own way.

Today's workplaces should focus on each woman they have on the their team and meet them where they are. All women are not the same just as all men are not the same. Workplaces should begin implementing the flexibility of a more person-centered work environment where each team member feels heard, respected, and appreciated for their contributions to the goal(s) of the company without compromising the overall value of the company's mission and vision.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?
Move in your purpose. We were all created to leave something for the next generation...so, move in it. Everyday, in all you do...be the light and don't be afraid to shine!

Move in your purpose.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?
Forever hopeful! Personal goals, getting married and having a child. Professional goals, producing my first animated short film and globally bring the sickle cell disease community to the table of discussions and change.

2 - 4th Moon Productions.png