cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pledge 1%'s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are paving the way for the next generation. While our featured leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, they are united in their efforts to promote equality for all women in the workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their journey to success, as well as lessons they’ve learned along the way. 

Screenshot 2023-03-26 at 10.24.18 PM.png

Tracy Young

CEO and Co-Founder, TigerEye

Remote, USA

What is your current role? Briefly describe in 1-2 sentences.

I am the co-founder and CEO of TigerEye.

This year's International Women's Day theme is "Embrace Equity." What does this mean to you? How can we build workplaces that are more equitable and inclusive?

Equity means acknowledging that we don't all start from the same place. In practice, equity is important because it creates a level playing field for all employees to succeed based on their skills and abilities, regardless of their gender, race or background. This not only promotes diversity and inclusivity in the workplace but also leads to better decision-making, increased innovation, and ultimately, improved business performance. We must avoid the typical “it’s a pipeline problem” response and be more invested and strategic on recruiting diverse candidates.

Do you have any mentors or role models who have helped you on your personal journey?

Carol Bartz, George Hu, Bob Tinker, Holly Liu, Maria Alegre

What’s the best piece of advice you ever received?

My co-founder of PlanGrid, Antoine Hersen, gave me his copy of "On the Shortness of Life" by Seneca before he passed away. The book contained his final letter to me, “Life is short. Take care of Ralphie. Don’t be afraid to try new things. Never do anything that makes you unhappy.”

The past few years have brought many new and unprecedented challenges. What keeps you motivated or inspires you to stay optimistic?

Building a better company with TigerEye. We want to show the world that a productive company can also be a caring one.

Pledge 1% helps companies of all sizes and stages leverage their assets for social good. Why do you think it's important that companies prioritize social impact? Do you have any specific stories or examples from your work or colleagues you can share?

Everyone needs help today and it’s our responsibility as business leaders to step up. Pledge 1% is a massive impact opportunity to help our community.

If you could describe yourself in one word what would that be and why?

Mom – it's my #1 job.

Do you have any unique or useful life hacks to help get through your day?

I drink tea and listen to jazz.

Do you have any go-to apps or tools use love to use?

TigerEye, Signal, Spotify

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

Launching TigerEye to the world.