cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 11.38.54 AM.png

TWIYO is excited we are working with global humanitarian NGO Humanitix as our first in kind Virtual CFO (VCFO) partnership.

The story of how this came about is worth sharing.

I’ve only recently find my dream job with TWIYO Capital & Advisory since January 2021 but it took me about 10 years to find what I wanted to do.

I always had a passion for social organisation - the idea of an economy where profit is redistributed where it is needed, and where organisations behave like good citizens.

My previous career did not quite scratch the social impact itch, but I still managed to spend my spare time attending public lectures or conferences on the subject. This way, I made connections and good friends that share the same passion.

At one of these conferences I met Joshua Ross, Co-Founder of Humanitix , when the business was just a year old. I have been engrossed by Humanitix since this day, finally coming across a business that embodied the values I wanted to see.

Joshua confessed to a friend in common, Kat Dunn, then COO of Ideapod, that a non for profit model like Humanitix did not fit the box when it came to obtaining donations from large organisations. She therefore decided to create a conference called Reimagine, and I accepted to join her as the producer of the conference. It was an amazing experience and inspired me to follow a career path that would enable me to work for a positive-impact company like Humanitix.

A few years later, I joined TWIYO, moving into VCFO work and servicing clients that have social and environmental impacts. Finally working within a business where I felt I was making a difference.

Humanitix represents the perfect client for TWIYO. Sharing the same company values, both sides were keen to join forces. As TWIYO joined the 1% Pledge movement this year, we offered Humanitix our service as part of our 1% time donation.

Click here to find out about Humanitix, and how you can get involved.