Untitled-design-21

Pledge 1%’s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are changing the world. Our leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, and are all doing their part to have an impact in their communities and at their workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their background and path to success.

What is your name and title?

Ana Maria Vucinic, Head of Design at Humanitix.

Briefly (1-2 sentences) describe your current role.

I’m a User Experience and User Interface Designer. My role is to make our product intuitive and easy to use. Through research and feedback from our customer experience team and collaboration with our developers team, I’m trying to come up with the best user experience solutions.

I’m also involved in decision making for our impact program communication.

What’s the best decision you’ve ever made?

I started growing when I decided to ignore my fears of not being experienced enough in some areas of my job. I realized that just starting and trying to do new things was the only way up. I started saying yes to all the big challenges at work. We grow as we go!

Do you have any mentors? What does mentorship mean to you?

When I was just starting my career, I had a mentor who helped me in many ways. Mentorship is very valuable. Getting advice from someone with more experience and getting feedback about your work is truly irreplaceable. I plan to find a mentor again. I believe that having a mentor at any stage of your career is like having the wind at your back.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

It is okay if you are not sure that the career you have chosen is right for you. Give yourself some time to figure it out; it is never to late to change your path. Remember to never stop learning.

Try to find a job that has a mission that inspires you, after all you will be spending most of your time at work.

What women inspires you the most? Why?

Lindsey Vonn, a former American alpine skier who has 82 World Cup wins, 3 Olympic Games medals and 8 World Championships medals. She endured many injuries, but every time she came back she would again be at the top.

The Lindsey Vonn Foundation is supporting girls through scholarships, education and athletics.

What is something coming up that excites you?

I’m always very excited to see how much impact we have generated and distributed towards our Educational Projects. That number is growing each day. We’ll soon be celebrating our new milestone– $500,000 donated to our projects!