cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

From day one, our founders believed that companies should positively contribute to society. Study.com has donated $23 million in-kind value across our various social impact programs, including millions to help schools during the pandemic, and we’re thrilled to join the Pledge 1% movement this year to continue these contributions.

Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 5.13.14 AM.png

At Study.com, we're committed to strengthening and diversifying America's teacher pipeline. This pipeline, the backbone of our education system, is facing a looming shortage of teachers that's been exacerbated over the past eighteen months by pandemic challenges. Study.com provides access to tools to increase the number of novice teachers entering the field and to bolster the credentials of the veterans.

We're proud to share that our test prep programs have supported over 30,000 educators prepare to sit for certification exams. These exams often prevent otherwise qualified educators from reaching the classroom, especially teachers of color. We've partnered with the California Center on Teaching Careers to provide access to Study.com’s CSET test prep courses, serving mostly rural areas of California. We’ve awarded Teacher Certification Scholarships of financial assistance and access to a variety of test prep materials for prospective teachers across the country. And most recently, we've committed to providing 600 test prep scholarships for aspiring teachers in Nevada, which will meet 20% of the state's annual need of 3,000 new teachers. Nevada is one of the most diverse states in the country and facing one of the most critical shortages of new educators.

DonorsChoose-test - Evan Jacoby.png

LaCarrianneK-test - Evan Jacoby.png

Most of my students identify as special ed students. Regardless of their learning disabilities, I give them all hope. I encourage each of my students to go beyond high school and purse their dreams. My motto is, ‘If you think it, you can do it,’” said LaCarrianne Kirkland, recent recipient of a Study.com teacher certification scholarship.

Teacher credentialing is a game changer for educators, but so is having the right tools at their fingertips to help their students succeed. Through our partnership with Donors Choose, Study.com has donated subscriptions to hundreds of educators and provided online learning access for 40,000 students, primarily from Title 1 schools.

“Study.com helped even the playing field by providing additional support for students in need,” said Dr. Nathan of the Brooklyn Studio Secondary School, whose Donors Choose project provided learning support for 150 students at a full-inclusion high school in a high poverty neighborhood.

The microlearning format of Study.com provides opportunity for faster achievement gains, and allows educators to close learning gaps for those students for whom distance learning has caused a widening of the gap— especially Black students, Hispanic students, and students with disabilities.

Study.com is committed to finding ways to support teachers. We provide opportunities for professional growth, believe in enhancing teacher diversity in classrooms, and expand the possibilities of granting resources to classrooms in need across the country. Happy #GivingTuesday from all of us at Study.com!