Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

40.png

Soujanya Rachakonda

Associate Director - Marketing, ABSYZ Software Consulting Pvt Ltd

📍Hyderabad, India

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?

Altruistic - I firmly believe in empathy rather than sympathy, as empathy entails understanding others' perspectives and actively seeking solutions to assist them. In my approach, I consistently strive to identify mutual benefits for the organization, customers, employees, and society/environment. This mindset guides my efforts to find meaningful ways to support and create positive outcomes for all stakeholders involved.

Pledge 1% provides a framework for businesses to do good. Do you think it’s important for today’s corporate leaders to prioritize social impact? If so, why?

Yes. In fostering an empathetic and positive approach, I advocate for every organization to actively contribute to society, particularly in the realms of Education, Environment, and Health. These areas present significant opportunities for impactful change.

Organizations and their leaders should consider incorporating a Key Performance Indicator (KPI) for social and environmental support. Regular reporting on these efforts should be a norm, as this makes a substantial difference and aligns with a broader vision of corporate responsibility.

Embracing such initiatives goes beyond mere altruism; it becomes a powerful tool for brand marketing. These endeavors resonate with people emotionally, creating a lasting connection that transcends the rational mind. Aligning marketing with Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) isn't just a strategic move; it embodies empathetic marketing, fostering a sense of shared responsibility and positive impact. Moreover, this approach cultivates mutually beneficial relationships, enhancing the overall well-being of the organization and its community.

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?

At ABSYZ, we take pride in our commitment to philanthropy, and our calendar is adorned with flagship events and numerous activities throughout the year. Embracing the spirit of teamwork, we collectively celebrate these moments by sharing joy and support with the children and women. A recent initiative I spearheaded involved a visit to Sarvodaya School Vidyalaya in Hyderabad in January 2024, which was truly extraordinary.

me - Soujanya Rachakonda.jpeg

A dedicated team of over 35 volunteers from ABSYZ Software Consulting came together to create an impactful experience for 300+ students and weave a tapestry of unforgettable moments. This marks the beginning of our year-long commitment to support Sarvodaya School, engaging in various activities, including specialized educational sessions, financial aid for experienced teachers, distribution of school dresses, contribution to Science Laboratory equipment, and educational materials tailored to each student's standards.

Our team also went the extra mile by supplying meals, distributing healthy fruits, and engaging students in enjoyable activities that broaden their learning experiences. The culmination of these collective efforts left an indelible mark, evident in the countless happy faces and the sparkle in the eyes of the students. 

What’s the best piece of advice you've ever received?

One valuable piece of advice that profoundly resonates with me is consistently seeking solutions that maximize benefits for both. A concrete example of this principle in action is our initiative to distribute sanitary napkins to orphan and labor women. In this instance, I promptly suggested procuring these essentials from a women-run NGO instead of buying from stores.

The team embraced the idea, and as a result, we not only met the immediate need but also extended our support to the NGO, fostering a positive impact on both fronts. This approach, guided by empathy, extends to various aspects of my role, such as sourcing customer gifts and event goodies from NGOs or individuals supported by the government. It reflects a commitment to making choices that fulfill our objectives and contribute to the well-being of the community and people.

This year’s International Women’s Day themes are focused on investing in women and inspiring inclusion. What can we do to make today’s workplaces more equitable and inclusive for women?

Considering my commitment to maximizing benefits and supporting initiatives that uplift women, I believe we can make today's workplaces more equitable and inclusive by actively seeking opportunities to invest in women. This involves creating platforms for women's voices to be heard, fostering mentorship/counselors' support programs that help them heal from stress, and championing equal opportunities for career growth.

Embracing initiatives(I spoke about in the above question) that empower and support women-owned businesses, internally and externally, can contribute to a more inclusive work environment. Additionally, promoting educational and awareness programs to address unconscious biases and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion will further enhance workplace equity. It's essential to recognize and celebrate the diverse contributions of women, ensuring that their achievements are acknowledged and valued within the organizational framework.

I had a notable experience at a previous company where I proposed a solution to address the mid-level women's team hiring ratio. We organized an exclusive women's hiring drive for three weeks on weekends. To encourage attendance, we promoted the availability of daycare services and provided food during the interviews, inviting candidates to bring their children along. The response surpassed expectations, creating an unprecedented turnout.

Taking it a step further, we introduced an additional incentive at the interview stage. We shared information about an onsite daycare facility within the building, offering to cover daycare fees and provide free transportation for mothers who joined the company. The impact was remarkable, leading to a significant increase in the joining ratio. By approaching the situation from their perspective and tailoring solutions to address their needs, we created a personalized and welcoming experience. Negotiations with the daycare facility were part of the process, but the result was astonishing. Those who joined found the solutions practical and were deeply touched by the company's commitment to making their work-life balance seamless. This thoughtful approach improved the hiring ratio and contributed to more extended retention periods, as these initiatives resonated profoundly with the employees' hearts.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

Embrace a continuous learning mindset as valuable advice for new women juniors. Strive to absorb knowledge daily, and equally importantly, share your learnings with others. Remember that sharing is essential, whether it's the wisdom gained from your parents or your time. Giving back, be it through knowledge or your valuable time, forms a crucial aspect of personal and collective growth. Make sure your environment is psychologically safe.

"Remember that sharing is essential, whether it's the wisdom gained from your parents or your time."

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

This year, I have set a goal to enhance my leadership capabilities and eagerly anticipate personal and professional milestones. On the professional front, I am committed to advancing my skills in Authentic Leadership, contributing to impactful assignments at work, and exploring new brand activities for growth within the company.

On a personal level, I am excited about my Ph.D. I plan to dedicate my psychology thesis and journals to activities that bring joy to my goal—exploring more books and spending quality time with my little princess to get her dance performances on track. Overall, I am enthusiastic about the prospect of continuous professional and personal learning and embracing new experiences that contribute to my overall psychological growth and well-being.

1 Comment
rachakonda
Newcomer
ABSYZ Software Consulting Pvt Ltd

Thank you for sharing this.😍