cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pledge 1%'s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are paving the way for the next generation. While our featured leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, they are united in their efforts to promote equality for all women in the workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their journey to success, as well as lessons they’ve learned along the way. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 6.13.45 PM.png

Mousumi Behari

Digital Transformation Lead, Avionos

Chicago, IL, USA

What is your current role? Briefly describe in 1-2 sentences. 

I lead the Digital Transformation practice at Avionos where I'm responsible for Strategy and Change Management for several Fortune 100 companies. Additionally I founded AWLN, which is our women's leadership network where our mission is to support women in professional and personal growth. 

What’s the best part of your job? What do you enjoy the most?

I enjoy problem solving. Often companies will have complex issues to solve, whether it's their lack of technology, inconsistent processes, or it may even be not knowing what to do next. Coming up with an actionable strategy, working with bright minds in various industries, and then seeing their successes is what makes my job exciting. 

We’ve all faced personal and professional challenges these past two years - what motivates you to keep going?

During the pandemic I started a practice to feed my mind, body and soul before I begin the day. An hour of working out, meditation and prayer really helps me to focus on what are usually jam packed and challenging days. 

What’s the best piece of advice you ever received? 

To be authentic. 

What does generosity mean to you? 

I really value the idea of paying it forward and lending mentorship and time to those who it would help. 

If you could describe yourself in one word what would that be and why?

Multi-faceted. I have a lot of varied interests and like to explore and learn new things. 

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

I concepted the idea of Little CEO's a few years ago, which is a virtual summer camp to help girls ages 7-12 come up with a business idea, logo and share and present it. It was a great success, and this year will be our 3rd year. I hope every year it continues to gain traction and we have alums come back and talk about their successes. 

Is there anything else you'd like to share?

Last year I co-founded a podcast called Overworked which is about the intersection of women and business. It's available on Spotify and Apple and speaks to the struggles and successes women tend to have.