Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

34.png

Maddja Nazari

CEO, Leadfront AB

📍Stockholm, Sweden

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?

Determined; I believe that there is nothing in world that can not be achieved if one is willing to work hard, stay focused, and persevere relentlessly towards their goals.

Twelve years ago, I moved to Sweden without any relatives in the country, in order pursue my master's education. At that time, not knowing the language, and countries regulation made starting a company seem like a difficult goal to achieve. However, I was determined to start my first company before turning 30, and everything I did was a step towards this objective. Four years later, just a month before my 30th birthday, I founded Leadfront.

Pledge 1% provides a framework for businesses to do good. Do you think it’s important for today’s corporate leaders to prioritize social impact? If so, why?

In today's world, consumers are becoming more conscious. They're not just looking for great products or services; they're also interested in supporting companies that are making a positive impact on society. Corporate leaders who prioritize social impact are not only meeting this growing consumer demand but also differentiating their brand in a crowded marketplace. By aligning the business goals with initiatives that benefit society, leaders can generate goodwill, build trust with customers, and foster long-term loyalty.

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?

Over a year ago, we introduced Streamstone, a new company focused on supporting NGOs and member organizations in their digitalization endeavors. By improving these organizations' communication with their members, we ensure they become more efficient and effective in accomplishing their objectives. Additionally, we allocate 1% of Leadfront's resources to delivering pro bono projects for NGOs.

What’s the best piece of advice you've ever received?

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

This year’s International Women’s Day themes are focused on investing in women and inspiring inclusion. What can we do to make today’s workplaces more equitable and inclusive for women?

Leaders should start by implementing policies and practices that promote gender equality at all levels of the organization. This includes actively recruiting and promoting women into leadership positions, ensuring pay equity, providing mentorship and development opportunities and fostering a culture of respect and support.

There are other things such as offering flexible work arrangements, parental leave policies, and childcare support which can help address the unique challenges faced by women in balancing work and family responsibilities.

At Leadfront, we actively strive to create an equal and inclusive work environment, and this is reflected in our recruitment strategies to attract more women to our team. Recruiting women in a technical and traditionally male-dominated industry has its challenges, but we have actively worked to overcome these obstacles. By offering a work environment where equality and inclusion are a high priority, we have created a place where women feel welcome.

Our experience has shown that prejudices that women would not be interested in or fit into technical roles are incorrect and outdated. We are proud to have shattered these preconceived notions and instead to have built a diversified workforce where everyone feels represented and where every individual, regardless of gender, is given equal opportunities to flourish and contribute to our common goals.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

• Select a company whose values align with yours.
  • Value a company with culture of respect and support that provides same opportunities regardless of gender.
  • Embrace every opportunity for personal and professional development.
  • Be confident in voicing your opinions and advocating for yourself.
  • Have faith in your abilities to achieve success, recognizing the importance of persistence and determination.

"Stay resilient and focused on your long-term goals"

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

I am excited about assisting NGOs in optimizing their operations through digitalization, which will not only streamline processes and improve communication with members but also enable them to fulfill their mission more efficiently.

Additionally, I eagerly anticipate witnessing how leaders harness cutting-edge technologies like AI to create people-centric organizations that meet the evolving needs of their communities.

_85A5924 - Mahdiye Nazari.jpg