Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

6.png

Lara Solomon

CEO, Hoopsy

📍London, UK

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?

Resilient.

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?

We give back through the product we sell in that it causes much less pollution than current pregnancy tests, and also through our free online fertility community that supports women on their fertility journey.

1.png

What’s the best piece of advice you've ever received?

If it was easy then everyone would do it.

This year’s International Women’s Day themes are focused on investing in women and inspiring inclusion. What can we do to make today’s workplaces more equitable and inclusive for women?

I think it starts with giving women a seat at the table, whatever table is relevant. Men can't ever really fully understand what it is like to be a woman and therefore it is hard for them to make decisions on their behalf. Get women involved in the decisions and shape of the company to make others feel included.

"I think it starts with giving women a seat at the table, whatever table is relevant."

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

Don't be afraid to challenge the status quo, often the only reason things are done a certain way is because they always have been done that way.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

For Hoopsy I am excited about launching our pregnancy test into Europe and me personally combining travel within Europe with work by working remotely more often.

20230516_00248 - Lara Solomon.jpg