cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pledge 1%'s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are paving the way for the next generation. While our featured leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, they are united in their efforts to promote equality for all women in the workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their journey to success, as well as lessons they’ve learned along the way. 

Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 12.34.39 AM.png

Katie Stasiulewicz

Director of Sales and Success, NextChapter

Columbus, OH

What is your current role? Briefly describe in 1-2 sentences.

I oversee the sales, customer success and marketing departments at NextChapter which is a cloud-based software application for attorneys to prepare, manage and file their cases online.

This year's International Women's Day theme is "Embrace Equity." What does this mean to you? How can we build workplaces that are more equitable and inclusive?

As a manager, my goal is to create a safe and comfortable work environment for all employees. I am a strong advocate for equal pay behind the scenes, regardless of race or gender, until workplaces start to implement more transparent salary and benefit policies.

Do you have any mentors or role models who have helped you on your personal journey?

I have been lucky to consistently work for female leaders. Each has played an immense role in mentoring me, believing in me and supporting me to grow my role in ways that align with my personal skills.

What’s the best piece of advice you ever received?

Be your own best advocate

The past few years have brought many new and unprecedented challenges. What keeps you motivated or inspires you to stay optimistic?

My team. I work with so many kind and intelligent teammates that believe in the work they do and also allow me to build personal relationships with them. Being able to advocate for them and help them grow within their career is what keeps me motivated.

Pledge 1% helps companies of all sizes and stages leverage their assets for social good. Why do you think it's important that companies prioritize social impact? Do you have any specific stories or examples from your work or colleagues you can share?

NextChapter offers bankruptcy software and bankruptcy can be looked at as such a taboo subject but it's not all negative. Monetary stressors can happen to anyone, sometimes very unexpectedly and that is a huge burden on individuals and families. To be able to offer our product pro bono to attorneys that are willing to help their clients pro bono is a win-win.

If you could describe yourself in one word what would that be and why?

Calm. I don't tend to overthink a ton, especially at work. And I hope that inspires my team to not hold on to common stressors.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

Definitely more travel! I try to visit at least two countries per year that I haven't been to before. That is something I don't take for granted after losing the freedom to travel during the pandemic.