cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Author: Michael Litt, CEO Vidyard

This #GivingTuesday, we’re taking a moment to reflect what it means to give back as a business. We’re proud that community impact is one of our top priorities at Vidyard from our participation in Salesforce’s Pledge 1% to the launch of our community initiative, PlugIn.

As a busy CEO with an equally busy team, I understand that making time for giving back can seem like a nice-to-have versus a critical priority. I strongly encourage other founders to move beyond this way of thinking. For the past few years, we’ve been moving at breakneck speed, but with a little creativity and a lot of heart, we’ve managed to successfully bake community betterment into our business model. This includes donating 1% of our product and of our people’s time to supporting nonprofits in our area. How did we do it? Check out my video for some tips:

PlugIn has been an undeniable win for the community, local business owners and Vidyard employees. I love this next video because it shows the impact that’s possible. Special thanks to our friends at House of Friendship, Big Brothers Big Sisters and Lutherwood for participating:

Getting your message out isn’t always easy. At Vidyard, we’re also proud to offer in-kind services to create videos for the charities we support and help raise the profile of their work. Here’s a great example (just make sure you have some Kleenex on hand):

I feel motivated to continue our focus on community impact as we grow. It inspires me to see many other companies prioritizing these same values. I’d love to hear about how you or your company are moving the needle for the causes the matter to you and I’m always happy to share what’s worked for us here at Vidyard.

Feel free to share your comments below or find me on Twitter: @MichaelLitt

Originally posted: November 28, 2017