cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50.jpg

Carol Ganz

VP of Client Success, Six Feet Up
📍Fishers, United States

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?
In one word, I am persistent. This quality has been crucial in my journey from entering the tech world 15 years ago to leading client success at Six Feet Up. Our company’s 25-year history of strong, respectful partnerships reflects this persistence. I believe in bringing out the best in our team and clients, creating an environment where everyone feels valued and heard. This has helped build lasting relationships and a supportive, diverse workplace.

My commitment extends beyond work, influencing community involvement and family life, underscoring the importance of persistence in every aspect of life.

Pledge 1% provides a framework for businesses to do good. Do you think it’s important for today’s corporate leaders to prioritize social impact? If so, why?
Prioritizing social impact is imperative. It's about creating a sustainable world and a work culture driven by purpose. Specifically, Six Feet Up is committed to completing projects that not only advance technology but significantly benefit humanity.

By committing to social impact, companies not only contribute to societal betterment but also inspire innovation and loyalty among employees.

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?
Giving back is woven into the fabric of Six Feet Up’s culture.
We aim to inspire others by collaborating with like-minded companies on projects that impact the world.

Our 10-year goal has been to complete 10 IMPACTFUL Projects™ — defined as impressive, purposeful, and transformative — by 2025. As of today, Six Feet Up has had the privilege to work on 9 IMPACTFUL Projects™ ranging from space exploration to lightning strike predictions, forest fire management, genetic engineering, battery energy storage, agriculture data accessibility, and carbon emissions reduction. We are well on our way to achieving (and surpassing) this goal.

2.png

Additionally, joining the Pledge 1% movement and the company's engagement with the open source community reflect its dedication to making a positive impact beyond the realm of technology. For the past decade, I have served on the board for various non-profit organizations including the Plone Foundation, Django Events Foundation North America  (DEFNA) and Women & High Tech. These roles allow me not just to contribute but also to witness firsthand the transformative power of collaborative efforts in technology and diversity.

2023 W&HT Board  - Carol Ganz.jpg

What’s the best piece of advice you've ever received?
“Be yourself and embrace your unique skills.”
This piece of advice has been a beacon throughout my career. At Six Feet Up, we encourage each team member to embrace their inherent strengths. This philosophy has not only fostered a diverse and inclusive environment but has also been instrumental in our ability to innovate and meet the complex needs of our clients with authenticity and precision.

"Be yourself and embrace your unique skills."

This year’s International Women’s Day themes are focused on investing in women and inspiring inclusion. What can we do to make today’s workplaces more equitable and inclusive for women?
Making today’s workplaces more equitable and inclusive requires active and intentional efforts. Organizations must actively listen to and amplify women's voices, ensuring their representation in leadership roles and decision-making processes.

At Six Feet Up, a woman-owned software company that values a blend of emotional and intellectual intelligence, we strive to ensure that every voice is heard and valued. Personally, as the mother of a trans son, I deeply understand the importance of equity and inclusion. The journey for equality doesn't stop with us; industry-wide, we must normalize mentorship, challenge conventional hiring practices, and foster environments where women, and all employees, feel empowered to contribute and excel.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?
To women embarking on their careers: Seek out mentors, never hesitate to ask questions, and boldly pursue opportunities, even if you don't meet every listed requirement.

Embrace your unique perspectives and experiences—they are invaluable assets. At Six Feet Up, we believe that diverse viewpoints fuel innovation. We actively support this through active involvement in organizations like Women & High Tech which exists to change the landscape of women represented in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) to be equally inclusive to all.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?
This year is poised to be a landmark for Six Feet Up which celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2024. Professionally, I’m excited about achieving our goal of completing 10 IMPACTFUL Projects™ by 2025 and setting new benchmarks — like contributing to 100 IMPACTFUL Projects™ by 2033.

TeamPhoto2023 - Carol Ganz.jpeg

I’m also excited about Six Feet Up’s broader industry recognition as a top Innovation Service Partner of the Year at the Mira Awards, the Oscars of Tech in Indiana.

On a personal level, I am focused on nurturing our client relationships, driving our mission forward, and supporting my team in their growth and success. Beyond professional goals, I am committed to finding a healthier work-life balance, learning to 'switch off' and investing time in personal well-being and family.