Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

1027 20th J Team - Lisa Sanguinet.jpg

Jamesbeck

Jamesbeck is a boutique retained executive search firm specializing in the investment management industry. We conduct searches for a broad range of investment organizations including institutional, mutual fund, and high-net-worth firms; hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds and real estate funds; insurance company and investment bank investment subsidiaries, banks, plan sponsors, endowments, foundations and family offices. Our experience ranges across all senior functions within an investment management firm including business management, investment management and client facing positions.

www.jamesbeck.com

Giving back is very important to Jamesbeck which is why we give 1% of our profits to charity and commit time to volunteer together as a firm. The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) was a perfect partner for us as we could utilize our professional experience in recruiting to help those returning to the workforce post-incarceration. We were inspired when touring the NY office and hearing the CEO story and happy to help as we believe this segment of the population is often overlooked in charitable giving.

Jamesbeck has been volunteering with CEO since 2018 and have assisted participants in the resume preparation and mock interviewing workshops. The one-on-one experience was key to getting to know the participants and hearing their stories, including how they want to shape their futures. We had to take a pause due to Covid-19 and our West Coast office and New York Office are thrilled to be volunteering again this December. We look forward to meeting new program participants and giving them the tools to prepare themselves for employment. The New York team will be assisting a small group of participants while they write their resumes and the West Coast team will be speaking to participants on how to improve their interviewing skills.

A few words from Jamesbeck employees on giving back to CEO.

“I was able to use my expertise and skills from my job to help others get back on their feet and to help stop the cycle of repeat offenders.”

“It felt great to help people put together their resumes and practice their interviewing skills to give them confidence going into their next job interview. Working one-on-one felt very impactful.”

“It’s really important for me to volunteer with CEO because I’ve spent one on one time with members of its program during job interview role playing and have seen firsthand how much potential each person has and want to do a small part to help them unlock it. Being a recruiter I know it takes help from a lot of people to get the job you want and not everyone has those resources, so it’s fulfilling to use my experience to help others.”