cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In 2021 Easy Agile was proud to release our first Sustainability, Community, and Inclusion Report. We believe business should be good for both people and planet, and we are consciously learning how to play our part and commit to creating a more inclusive, just and equitable future.

Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 6.42.33 AM.png

The Community chapter of our SCI report highlights our commitment to Pledge 1%, and how we work together as a collective to give back. Easy Agile commits to pledging 2% of profit: 1% going directly to Room to Read, and 1% allocated for team member giving through Good Thnx and Open Collective.

• Good Thnx Foundation provides a link between people and corporates that want to give, and charities. As our team send ‘thanks’ to one another the recipient is given $50 to donate to a charity of their choice.
  • Room to Read transforms the lives of millions of children in low-income communities by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education.
  • Open Collective enables Easy Agile to support the maintainers of the open source software libraries that we depend upon to build test and deploy our software.

We pledge 1% of product licenses via the Atlassian Marketplace Community, Student and Open Source programs, with plans to implement license donations for Cloud customers.

And finally, we commit to pledging 1% of employee time, with all Easy Agile employees having access to four paid volunteering days per year. The team have been proactive with their time and undertaken work building websites for local charities such as Need A Feed, mentoring students at the University of Wollongong, and running courses on Social Media for Business for the Multicultural Communities Council of Illawarra.

Hear from Sean, our Head of Marketing, about how he Pledged 1%.

How I pledged 1%: Sean

One of Easy Agile's company values is Give Back. It's one of my favourites because it's not just a slogan or mindset. It's practical. With COVID-19, we've been unable to volunteer at many places in-person, so I had to think outside the box about how to spend the time. This is what I did:

Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 6.39.12 AM.png

Siligong Valley #marketing meetup

Siligong Valley is a local tech community. Each month there are different community meetup events about different topics like infrastructure, product management, agile, and marketing. The Marketing Meetup was a virtual event where local marketers gathered together to learn and discuss a topic together. I was asked to speak at the event so I took a day of volunteer leave to prepare the content for the session. I really valued being able to prepare for this in work hours. I knew that by making the content as relevant as possible, it would go a long way in helping give back to the community. I presented on the topic of content marketing and experimentation.

I really loved being involved in this event so much that I would likely do it in my own time to continue with giving back.