cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pledge 1%'s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are paving the way for the next generation. While our featured leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, they are united in their efforts to promote equality for all women in the workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their journey to success, as well as lessons they’ve learned along the way. 

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 12.59.12 AM.png

Clara Perez

Founder & CEO, Radical One

Santiago, Dominican Republic

What is your current role? Briefly describe in 1-2 sentences.

As the CEO of a start-up, I play several roles, including understanding client needs, assisting my team's professional growth, and occasionally rolling up my sleeves and joining the action to provide great value to each of our clients.

This year's International Women's Day theme is "Embrace Equity." What does this mean to you? How can we build workplaces that are more equitable and inclusive?

It means that you use your knowledge, skills, and network to teach and change society so that it is a more fair and just place for all. Regardless of gender, race, religion, origin, or background, everyone is welcome.

What’s the best piece of advice you ever received?

In today's world, you can't keep everyone happy. Sometimes you will have to choose who you will disappoint; When you make the decision, ensure it's not you.

The past few years have brought many new and unprecedented challenges. What keeps you motivated or inspires you to stay optimistic?

Teaching others that they, too, can grow and develop, even in the face of adversity, is what keeps me motivated. 

Pledge 1% helps companies of all sizes and stages leverage their assets for social good. Why do you think it's important that companies prioritize social impact? Do you have any specific stories or examples from your work or colleagues you can share?

At Radical One, we do well by doing good. Sharing, whether it is money, time, or knowledge, is how we provide others with the same opportunity we were given.

A few years ago, I mentored a young professional twice a week over a period of six months. He was eager and excited to learn the skills and trades he would need to get a job. The work we did bore fruit, and he was able to pass his first certification exam. We had no idea at the time that this milestone would be a game changer. He is now in charge of a group of developers and is helping others get into the field.

If you could describe yourself in one word what would that be and why?

Curious.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

I'm excited to help build a community at work and in life that values diversity, inclusion, and equality.