WWL-2

Pledge 1%’s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are paving the way for the next generation. While our featured leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, they are united in their efforts to promote equality for all women in the workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their journey to success, as well as lessons they’ve learned along the way.

What is your name and title?

Chastity Wright, Founder of Infiltron Software Suite.

Briefly (1-2 sentences) describe your current role.

I am the founder and CTO of an IoT cybersecurity company that also mitigates risk for people of color and women for facial recognition.

How did you get here? Please share any quick stories from past work experiences.

My tech background started in the USAF as an aerospace engineer dealing with classified data and devices (cybersecurity). Once I left I bounced around to figure out which skill set from the Air Force I really want to pursue. I was fortunate enough to figure that out and start a business doing it.

In your opinion, what’s the #1 decision or move you’ve made that has helped advance your career?

Continuous learning. It’s what keeps you competitive.

What is the most important lesson you’ve learned this past year?

That you can let a loss define you or strengthen you with wisdom.

What’s the number one challenge you face as a woman in your industry?

Being seen as not knowing what I am doing, although I’ve been doing it close to 20 years now.

Do you have any mentors? What does mentorship mean to you?

Yes, mentorship is so helpful. These people can help you navigate and avoid some of the pitfalls they experienced.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

If you have several interests, try them all and see which one resonates with you the most. Once you figure that out learn as much as you can about it and other skills that intersect with it.

What is one thing companies can do, big or small, to help create an environment that advances women into leadership positions?

Intentionally create diverse company culture.

What is one thing you hope to accomplish in the next year?

To increase our clients.

Is there a cause that is particularly close to you? If so, why this cause and how did you get involved?

Yes, leveling the playing field in tech for people of color, especially women.

When did your company join Pledge 1%? What does your impact program mean to you?

We joined in 2021. Our impact means that some voices that get lost will be heard.

What do you like to do outside of the office? Any interesting (or unique) habits or interests?

I like golfing and traveling to different places especially if there’s culture and a beach involved.

Are you reading/listening to anything interesting at the moment? Please share your most recent favorite book or podcast!

A Promised Land by Barack Obama and Success Affirmations by Jack Canfield.

What’s been the one (or two!) things that have helped you navigate this past year? Any tips or tricks to dealing with remote work?

Yoga and working out. Get up from your desk every hour for 10-20 mins to move around and get your eyes off of the screen.