Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

13.png

Patricia Yuste

Global Marketing Services Director, Making Science

📍Spain

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?

Entrepreneur. Because... I enjoy challenges. I am passionate about my job: “I put my heart and soul into my work”. I believe it’s natural to be constantly thinking about how to innovate, sharing knowledge with the team, and developing the people I work with. As a team player, I believe in human potential as the key ingredient to make a project successful.

Pledge 1% provides a framework for businesses to do good. Do you think it’s important for today’s corporate leaders to prioritize social impact? If so, why?

Yes, I believe it is increasingly important for today's corporate leaders to prioritize social impact. Here are some reasons why:

1. Addressing societal challenges: Businesses have a significant role to play in addressing global challenges like climate change, poverty, and inequality. By prioritizing social impact, companies can contribute to building a more sustainable and equitable future.

2. Attracting and retaining talent: Top talent, especially younger generations, are seeking companies that have a purpose beyond just profit. Prioritizing social impact can help attract and retain skilled employees who are passionate about making a difference.

3. Long-term sustainability: Companies that prioritize social impact are more likely to be seen as responsible and trustworthy by stakeholders. This can lead to long-term success and resilience in a competitive market.

However, it's important to remember that simply focusing on social impact without genuine commitment can be counterproductive. Corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives should be authentic, transparent, and aligned with the company's core values and business strategy. In conclusion, prioritizing social impact is becoming increasingly important for businesses in today's world.

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?

The Making Science Foundation, founded in 2020 set out to promote various projects through social action, health, science, culture, education, training, environment, art or historical heritage, among others, not just in Spain but also internationally.

Additionally, I participate as Advisor in the creation of a project to promote sustainable consumption through a marketplace that allows the union of different brands working in sustainability.

What’s the best piece of advice you've ever received?

If you believe it, you can achieve it.

This year’s International Women’s Day themes are focused on investing in women and inspiring inclusion. What can we do to make today’s workplaces more equitable and inclusive for women?

1. Foster a culture of respect and inclusion: Encourage open communication and reporting of any discriminatory or harassing behavior. Develop clear policies and procedures for addressing such issues and ensuring swift and appropriate action.

2. Invest in women's career development: Offer mentorship and sponsorship programs specifically for women, connecting them with experienced professionals for guidance and career advancement. Provide opportunities for professional development and training programs tailored to address the specific needs and challenges faced by women in the workplace. Support participation in conferences, workshops, and networking events relevant to women's professional development.

3. Champion women in leadership: Actively promote and support women for leadership positions, including board seats and executive roles. Create opportunities for women to showcase their skills and expertise through public speaking engagements, conference presentations, and internal leadership development programs.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

Develop your skills, build your network, don't be afraid to take risks, advocate for yourself, build resilience, celebrate your accomplishments and maintain a healthy work-life balance.

"Remember, your career is a journey, not a destination. By staying focused, committed, and continuously learning, you can achieve your professional goals and build a fulfilling career."

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

I ask 2024 to continue enjoying my work and my life. To continue doing my bit to make the planet a better place and to be able to continue training the great leaders of the future.