cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pledge 1%'s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are paving the way for the next generation. While our featured leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, they are united in their efforts to promote equality for all women in the workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their journey to success, as well as lessons they’ve learned along the way.

WWL 2022 - Headshots(4).png

Blair Pettit

Program Manager of Social Impact, Khoros

Austin, TX, USA

What is your current role? Briefly describe in 1-2 sentences. 

As the Program Manager of Social Impact at Khoros, I oversee our global ESG strategy and supporting initiatives, including our tech-for-good program, corporate donation planning, employee volunteerism, and sustainability. Outside of day-to-day program management, I am constantly strategizing how we can better measure the impact of our work and share that story in meaningful ways with different stakeholder audiences.

What’s the best part of your job? What do you enjoy the most?

Working in social impact requires constant curiosity and endless research --- that’s my favorite part. I get to start each week asking myself, “How can we drive a more positive social impact in our world, and how can we do that in a strategic way that proves business value?” It’s a never-ending (often creative) challenge, and I’m energized by it. 

We’ve all faced personal and professional challenges these past two years - what motivates you to keep going?

I’m driven to prove that social-impact focused companies outperform others. Social impact can no longer be viewed as traditional philanthropy --- it’s a strategic business move that, when done well, positively influences recruitment, customer acquisition/retention, investor relations, brand perception, positioning in the market, and more. As a team of one in a brand new, self-pitched role, I’m motivated to keep going and prove this to our stakeholders each day.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

Professionally, I’m looking forward to publishing Khoros’s first-ever Annual Impact Report to hold our organization to higher standards of transparency, accountability, and year-over-year progress. Personally, I’m so excited to attend four of my best friends' weddings this year (plus bachelorette parties!); COVID-19 has impacted so many people’s abilities to visit friends and family, so I can’t wait to celebrate love with those I love most throughout 2022.

1 Comment
bpettit
Path Finder
Program Manager, Social Impact, Khoros

Thank you for the feature!