Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

39.png

Belinda Paul

Founder and Director, RCYCL

📍Melbourne, Australia

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?

Curious! After being evacuated from the bushfires of the summer of 2019/2020 I questioned the reasons for this catastrophe. I looked inward to work out what skills I had as a professional to make an immediate difference at scale - I came up with RCYCL.

Pledge 1% provides a framework for businesses to do good. Do you think it’s important for today’s corporate leaders to prioritize social impact? If so, why?

Absolutely! It has to come from the top to influence and guide industry decision makers to act not just talk.

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?

100% of my business gives back to the immediate decline in landfill rates in Australia. I work alongside governing bodies, educational institutions and smaller businesses to learn from them.

I also teach what I have learnt on my journey through my experience in the fashion industry for 25 years in addition to the new skills that I have had to manage along the way navigating a space like sustainability and fashion.

2023.11.09.Good.For.Business.Summit.196 - Belinda Paul.jpg

What’s the best piece of advice you've ever received?

Keep going, do not give up!

This year’s International Women’s Day themes are focused on investing in women and inspiring inclusion. What can we do to make today’s workplaces more equitable and inclusive for women?

The most important thing anyone can have is a voice, a valid voice. To feel respected and appreciated in their roles in life - be it at work or at home.

Women are the general house keepers and play the role of support on all levels yet they are expected to be strong and faultless.

"Sometimes a listening ear can make all the difference to empower and encourage."

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

Be confident in your abilities to succeed and go for it.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

I am the finalist for the eBay circular fashion fund which is announced in the coming days and RCYCL is holding it's first ever Melbourne Fashion Festival event for their Independent Programme in 2024.

I look forward to really empowering everyone to make a difference within their own households and bring RCYCL into that space.

myer pos in store - Belinda Paul.jpg