Untitled-design-11

Pledge 1%’s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are changing the world. Our leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, and are all doing their part to have an impact in their communities and at their workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their background and path to success.

What is your name and title?

Amy Jackson, SVP Sales at 97th Floor.

Briefly (1-2 sentences) describe your current role.

My main role is to drive new business growth by leading a team of reps that source, research, pitch, and close deals. In addition to new business growth, I have a responsibility to work with fulfillment to expand growth within existing accounts. I am on the executive team and drive strategic initiatives for the company at large.

What’s the best decision you’ve ever made?

Leaning into accountability. Even when there isn’t accountability, I create a system and way to measure my progress and value.

What’s the number one challenge you face as a woman in your industry?

As a woman entering new situations with new people, it is easy to be under-minded. Establishing a strong, valuable position in an elegant way is something I’ve mindful of and have refined over the years.

Do you have any mentors? What does mentorship mean to you?

I do not have a dedicated mentor, however there have been several individuals whom have impacted me greatly and whom I look up to. I have tried to acknowledge and develop their gems and nuggets of wisdom I’ve picked up along the way.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

Your voice is needed. Don’t shy away from sharing your opinions. In doing so, leverage your critical thinking away from being a critic and channel it into collaboration.

What women inspires you the most? Why?

My grandmother. She commands in the most gentle, elegant way. She is firm, yet kind. When she speaks, people listen. She changes perceptions and minds without people even realizing it, and she draws the very best out of people. As a 94 year old woman, she still seeks improvement and learning and participates in distance learning college courses.

Are you reading/listening to anything interesting at the moment?

I am currently finishing Essentialism which rings true in so many ways. Especially as being a single mother who is committed to being the best mother I can be, as well as being an executive in work, and serving as President of a women’s charitable and welfare chapter there are a lot of things competing for my time. Essentialism is causing me to conduct a self-audit of what’s truly important and my priorities. After Essentialism, I want to focus on fiction books for the remainder of the year. A book that can entertain and enlighten me is incredibly valuable.

There are a number of podcasts I work through each week. I have really been enjoying Robin Hood’s Snacks podcast. Not just because of the content (there are others I like better for content). It is the overall podcast itself. They produce it so well, with great energy, personalities, succinct content that keeps me very aware.