cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The pandemic demonstrated that every sector, organization and person is responsible for change. Whether it’s with money, time, or skills – we all have the power to give.

At Salesforce.org, this commitment is core to who we are and what we do. When Salesforce was founded, Parker Harris and Marc Benioff committed to giving away 1% of our equity, 1% of our time, and 1% of our technology. Over time, that commitment has grown and evolved — including the Power of Us program, Salesforce.org’s technology donation and discount program. In Fiscal Year 2021 alone, this multi-pronged approach has totaled more than $1.45 billion in technology donations and pro bono support to nonprofits around the world.

But our efforts are only as strong as the organizations they support. With over 56,000 nonprofits in our community, we’ve seen organizations use technology to adapt, relying heavily on volunteers, donors and employees. According to our 2021 Nonprofit Trends Report, over the past 12 months 87% of respondents that invested in technology reported it as impactful.

While technology is an important tool to accelerate impact, nothing is possible without donors and volunteers. This Giving Tuesday, through the voices of volunteers and donors alike, we’re celebrating the donors and supporters who are at the heart of our nonprofit community and the power of each individual to give back.

Read on for inspiring stories from volunteers and donors of why they give, and follow us @SalesforceOrg to share your own stories.

Kait_0-1637949672124.jpeg

"I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2018. Went through lumpectomy, countless blood tests, heart scans chemotherapy, radiation, a year of Immunotherapy, and 5-10 years of hormone blockers. I’ve been walking ever since I completed chemo and it’s been a lifesaver. I am walking for all my pink sisters that we have lost and those that are thrivers."

- Pam Paolucci Tentinger, American Cancer Society Donor and Volunteer

Kait_1-1637949672161.png

"Josephine and I had been married for 46+ years when she passed away. Having been raised in an orphanage, and as a registered nurse, she felt a personal connection to families in need of a safe and stable home. When she learned about Habitat she immediately wanted to become a part of their mission – and she thankfully brought me along with her. Before her passing, Josephine made me promise that I’d continue to support Habitat. I kept that promise by establishing a charitable gift annuity to help more families have access to the strong foundation that a decent home provides. Josephine was always smarter than me, she had the right idea about giving to Habitat, and I’m grateful to continue to honor her legacy."

– Gerald “Andy” Anderson, Habitat for Humanity Donor

Kait_2-1637949672183.jpeg

“Being able to engage and help on a one-on-one basis really gives you a different perspective on how society is coping with what we’ve been through over the last 18 months and I’m truly grateful for the opportunity. I also love the feeling of being a meaningful and active part of the solution rather than just reading about all the challenges our community members face.”

- Ned Mendez, Made in Hackney Volunteer and Trustee