Susan Jones is the COO and Co-founder of Wear+Care, a Pledge 1% Member company.  

Q1: What inspired you to work in this industry?

My father passed away from cancer 11 years ago and I always wanted to find a way to get involved in the community. Care+Wear was a passion project at first and was the first time I felt like I had found the right way for me to make an impact on the community.

Q2:  What would you tell women who are looking to work in tech? 

Any advice on how they can build their career? Do what interests you. I started out in the fashion industry and found a way to take what I loved from that and channel it into Care+Wear and my role here.

Q3:  Is your company a Pledge 1% member or do you personally give back to your community? If so, how do you give and to what cause?

Yes, we are a Pledge 1% member and have made giving back a part of our business.

Q4:  Do you serve as a mentor?  What does mentorship mean to you?

Mentorship means taking the time to teach and listen to team members. I try to always be available as a mentor, especially to our new team members who are still learning about the company and are new to their roles. It’s fun for me to explain concepts and see them learning.

Q5: What’s the best piece of advice you’ve received to help you with your career?

Always care for everybody.

Q6: What’s the one piece of advice you would give to yourself 5 years ago?

Find a good mentor.