cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pledge 1%'s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are paving the way for the next generation. While our featured leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, they are united in their efforts to promote equality for all women in the workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their journey to success, as well as lessons they’ve learned along the way. 

Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 11.33.44 PM.png

Stephanie Maharjan

Operations Leader, WELLReceived

Portland, Oregon, USA

What is your current role? Briefly describe in 1-2 sentences.

Operations Leader. Responsible for leading overall brand growth for WELLReceived, a 24/7/365 live medical answering service.

What’s the best part of your job? What do you enjoy the most?

The best part of my job is helping others grow. As a former preschool teacher turned business woman, guiding and empowering is at the heart of everything I do. I love being able to work with my team not only to grow our business, but to help them achieve their personal and professional goals as well.

What’s the best piece of advice you ever received?

You don’t have to compete with anyone else. Compete with yourself everyday to be the best version of yourself that day.

We are not human beings, we are humans “becoming” - this means that we are ever-evolving. If we focus on being just 1% better everyday, the power of compounding will give you drastic results over time.

How do you feel businesses can play a larger role in solving today’s biggest challenges? Do you have any specific stories or examples from your work or colleagues you can share?

Prioritize employee (physical, emotional & mental) health and wellbeing
Giving back initiatives
Work Anywhere - benefits to employees, employers, and our world/environment

If you could pick a song to guide you through 2022, which song would it be?

Kacey Musgraves - Rainbow
Lyrics speak to long-term struggles (like most of the world has held on their shoulders the last 2 years). It can be hard to see that the weather has shifted if we’re so focused on the pain of the past. Speaks to moving forward in the midst of feeling held back, holding on to gratefulness, and allowing the light back in.

Emmy Meli - I Am Woman (overplayed but I still love it)
Now, more than ever, women are speaking out and supporting each other in so many industries. Knowing your worth and finding your confidence can make all the difference.

Emmy - Stupid Big Teeth
This song is about putting in the work to improve yourself without worrying about others’ opinions. If we’re not changing, we’re not growing. Small changes over time lead to big results.