cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

31.png

Steffi Kromer

Founder, EMPAUA GmbH
📍Zurich, Switzerland

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?
Efficient! I like to constantly improve processes for our business and our customers, as well as for me personally.

Pledge 1% provides a framework for businesses to do good. Do you think it’s important for today’s corporate leaders to prioritize social impact? If so, why?
Absolutely. With organizations, we have the power and ability to reach many more people and to have a bigger impact than one individual alone. I strongly believe that any organization should have a big focus on giving back. We also need to understand that we, in my opinion, are very privileged to be leaders in companies, and with that privilege should come a sense of responsibility for society, climate and the world.

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?
We are a company that is very open to supporting others in various ways.

In the last years, we for example did internal auctions and donated the raised funds to families in Ukraine, we supported local Covid aid groups, and every employee gets an allowance to donate for their company anniversary and birthday each year.

What’s the best piece of advice you've ever received?
Always trust your gut, but keep listening to others.

This year’s International Women’s Day themes are focused on investing in women and inspiring inclusion. What can we do to make today’s workplaces more equitable and inclusive for women?
Make your salaries transparent to your employees!

Like that you can ensure you are paying fair and equal salaries. In recruitment, create a skill-based assessment which is checked before the first interview to ensure no bias is present.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?
Get a female mentor, someone who has been there and done that. Also always support other women, right from the start. But please - also be supportive of men. You always receive what you give in life.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?
I have very exciting travel plans for this year to which I am very much looking forward to. Also professionally I am planning to face myself with some challenges, which I hope will help me grow personally and in business as well.

Always trust your gut, but keep listening to others.