cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

41.png

Rushenka Perera

Head of Marketing ANZ, SAP

📍Sydney, Australia

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?

Change agent. Ok that's two words, but my approach is to look at all things with an open mind and to see how we can facilitate results by reworking our current processes or programs. An example is to use our technology to promote our brand in low cost promotions where we lack brand awareness funding.

Pledge 1% provides a framework for businesses to do good. Do you think it’s important for today’s corporate leaders to prioritize social impact? If so, why?

Social impact is important to me as it allows me to provide focus to my team around the difference they are making in the world which contributes to our well being. The feel good vibes mean it makes a happier person. I believe it is everyone's responsibility to do good and especially corporates such as SAP when we are responsible for driving upwards of 80% of the world's commerce.

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?

Every year we participate in some community work whether it is cleaning rubbish on beaches with Clean Up Australia or packing Christmas gifts for under-privileged children.

In 2023 we did a day of tree planting in Mullumbimby with Reforest Now to back up our corporate focus on sustainability.

What’s the best piece of advice you've ever received?

Ask for what you want.

This year’s International Women’s Day themes are focused on investing in women and inspiring inclusion. What can we do to make today’s workplaces more equitable and inclusive for women?

More seasoned women should champion younger women and mentor them. Rally your male colleagues to be more considerate of women who are less likely to ask for inclusion in 'boys clubs' and to add them in to activities and to consider them for promotion.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

Be bolder. Ask for what you want.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

I am looking forward to a more mature relationship with my two sons as they get older and to a number of overseas trips I have planned to Europe with my family and my girlfriends celebrating our significant birthdays.

Professionally I am looking forward to the ANZ marketing team once again being recognized as a top performer within ANZ and more broadly.

"Be bolder. Ask for what you want."