Untitled-design-20

Pledge 1%’s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are changing the world. Our leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, and are all doing their part to have an impact in their communities and at their workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their background and path to success.

What is your name and title?

Purnima Sreenivasan, Founder and CEO of mihygge.

Briefly (1-2 sentences) describe your current role.

I manage all the operations and wear many hats. My main job is empowering the team and getting to know the future customers as we work to launch the product b2b, and then the entire product, in a few months.

What’s the best decision you’ve ever made?

Leaving the bullies behind and finding people who will help me grow. Personal intuition is powerful. I’ve also learned to cherish customers and staff equally and empower everyone for a win-win. When you create something that people love, they will never leave you.

What’s the number one challenge you face as a woman in your industry?

Racism and ageism. I am a second time founder (well educated with 5+ credentials ) and a no nonsense Asian female leader who believes honesty is the best policy.

Do you have any mentors? What does mentorship mean to you?

Yes. Mentorship is a two way exchange. Every living being is both a teacher and a student from conception to death.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

Be brave, take the leap and go for it. Find your path, be an ever learner and create your niche so well that no one can ever copy you.

What women inspires you the most? Why?

Mother Earth. She is the stage where we all act and play our part. When we leave and our acting is over, she doesn’t judge.

Are you reading/listening to anything interesting at the moment? 

I love listening to a meditative story podcast, as well as reading gardening books. I also read a lot of classic English fiction which has taught me many things that are deliverable in my own business. My favorite books are by the Bronte Sisters and Jane Austen.

What is something coming up that excites you?

The launch of our product and beginning the process of signing up paying b2b customers. I am excited to receive feedback and have an open dialogue with our customers so that we can work to empower them.