Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wet Cement

Matawan, NJ USA

Number of employees: 4

www.Wet-Cement.com

Wet Cement helps unlock fearlessness to drive personal, professional and business growth. They transform behaviors and mindsets through training, coaching, consulting and keynote speaking services focused on leadership, inclusivity and business development. They have committed to pledging their profit and time towards the community.

First100 Pledge 1% Blog Images.png

I provide counsel (at no cost) to the Founder of the non-profit Working for Women, Beth Bengtson, and serve on their Business Development Committee, to help drive awareness of this incredible non-profit that supports the socioeconomic empowerment of women. Just this week I had a coaching session with her to set her up to make a positive impact at an upcoming speaking engagement at a Room to Read fundraiser. I also pledge a minimum of 1% of our profits to their organization--but it generally ends up exceeding that amount.

We provide FREE workshops for women, young leaders and Entrepreneurs achieve their potential. Topics include how they can build more gender equitable cultures, network to drive win-win relationships and success and understand their impostor syndrome and limiting beliefs and learn how to overcome them. The most recent one was this August to celebrate Women’s Equality Day. I've also done programs for the IAB, Disability:IN community, Princeton Mercer Chamber of Commerce, Diversity Alliance for Science and Rutgers Entrepreneurial Pioneers Initiative, among others.

Working for Women Workshop, Wet Cement image photo - Jennifer Willey.jpeg

We regularly provide pro bono coaching to help women advance at work, and other aspiring or early-stage Entrepreneurs on how to build their businesses (when we believe in their vision and mission). Within the past month alone, I’ve coached Erin Lowrey, an entrepreneur providing services to enhance Emotional Intelligence amongst small-to-mid-sized businesses.

I also regularly provide guidance and advice to other entrepreneurs on how they could and should pursue receiving their diverse certifications, whether they are owned by someone with a disability, woman, LGBTQ+ community member, Racial/Ethnic minority or veteran.

Jenn Willey Princeton Chamber event - Jennifer Willey.jpg

Our biggest challenge is growing our business and marketing our programs, because the more we make the more we give! The pandemic negatively impacted our business in a major way, and we are re-building now. We would really appreciate help with marketing and promoting Wet Cement.

Their #1 tip or advice for companies?

Aligning our impact program with our mission is what has been most critical and makes it easy to provide the greatest value for the work that we do.