cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pledge 1%'s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are paving th e way for the next generation.  While our featured leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, they are united in their efforts to promote equality for all women in the workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their journey to success, as well as lessons they’ve learned along the way. 

Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 6.34.00 PM.png

Natalie Rekstad

Founder & CEO, Black Fox Philanthropy & B Corp

Boston, MA & Paris, France

What is your current role? Briefly describe in 1-2 sentences.

Set the long-term direction of the firm while empowering team to execute the day-to-day. Create and embody our culture and commitment centered in Black Fox Code.

This year's International Women's Day theme is "Embrace Equity." What does this mean to you? How can we build workplaces that are more equitable and inclusive?

Beyond our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, we recognize the necessity of doing the internal and external work needed to ensure racism, sexism, and any other -isms are not present in our interactions. This requires deep inquiry and commitment, and a willingness to get your 'nose bloodied' yet keep staying in the conversation. I also focus upon changing the face of philanthropy through funding Black Fox Fellows

Do you have any mentors or role models who have helped you on your personal journey?

I loved the 'Playing Big' course by Tara Mohr; I would call her a mentor to many women seeking greater impact and fully expressed lives.

What’s the best piece of advice you ever received?

If you have to ask, you already know the answer (applies to fashion & life 😉 i.e. "Does this make me look fat?")

The past few years have brought many new and unprecedented challenges. What keeps you motivated or inspires you to stay optimistic?

Our team and the NGO leaders we serve and the incredible global missions we help resources through our services.

Pledge 1% helps companies of all sizes and stages leverage their assets for social good. Why do you think it's important that companies prioritize social impact? Do you have any specific stories or examples from your work or colleagues you can share?

As a B Corp it is our imperative to contribute to social good, but we elected to become B Corp because it was in our DNA already. So much more found here on my views! 

If you could describe yourself in one word what would that be and why?

Resilient. The last 3+ years have been a mental and emotional monkey-knife-fight while company doubled in size while concurrently having a teen daughter navigate covid and life and so much more I cannot disclose here for her privacy's sake.

Do you have any unique or useful life hacks to help get through your day?

YES! I am writing to you from the pool of the Ritz in Paris, Place Vendome. Membership to this club is less expensive for the year than We-Work. CRAZY! & I get awesome workout classes, yoga, etc.

Do you have any go-to apps or tools use love to use?

Insight Timer. EVERY. DAY. Also a Gratitude App, and that has been terrific.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

Focusing upon impact initiatives beyond Black Fox Philanthropy, and having tons more time to nourish my spirit and sense of adventure.