Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

28.png

Mosopefoluwa Fayeun

Principal Partner, Albert and Abraham LLP

📍Lagos, Nigeria

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?

Strong. Up till the nearest past I doubted myself, delayed gratification and I let impostor's syndrome set in because I thought there was a 'right time or age' to do things. I had to be old and look a certain way to be taken seriously in the rungs of the corporate ladder however that has changed. Nowadays, I take the bull by the horns and seize my corporate star moments.

Pledge 1% provides a framework for businesses to do good. Do you think it’s important for today’s corporate leaders to prioritize social impact? If so, why?

Absolutely. As Howard Zinn said small acts when multiplied by millions of people can transform the world so pay it forward. Social impact is not limited to the advantages of corporate social responsibility but extends to how we help vulnerable social classes climb the corporate career ladder.

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?

Yes. Since 2016 I have been running Jael, Nasibah and Moremi where I help abused women get justice, integrate them back into the society and build a career for themselves through quality mentorship.

What’s the best piece of advice you've ever received?

"Law is a craft, your craft, so hone it". I have in turn taken it to mean that life is a craft, my craft so I hone it!

"I have in turn taken it to mean that life is a craft, my craft so I hone it!"

This year’s International Women’s Day themes are focused on investing in women and inspiring inclusion. What can we do to make today’s workplaces more equitable and inclusive for women?

Its funny because in my current role, I have a special bias for helping women owned businesses scale and the most important factor to scale is investment. Sometimes all a business needs is that first check to fly so to further diversify the pool, invest in more women.

Workplaces need standard operating procedures on diversity targeting employees from the recruitment stage, everyone has to hang their biases at home.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

Break outside the boxes; do away with stereotypes and just be yourself. Every other person will adjust. To you of course.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

The Firm is expanding so definitely training more hands to manage our booming clientele. Personally, It is always at the top of my list to get more degrees and certifications where it relates to businesses and the law.

1.png