Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

16.png

Michelle Strasburger

CEO, The Wellness Value

📍Colebrook, NH U.S.A.

Pledge 1% provides a framework for businesses to do good. Do you think it’s important for today’s corporate leaders to prioritize social impact? If so, why?

I believe that employees are seeking organizations that have similar values, are purpose-driven and will support their beliefs. Having a social impact strategy and a commitment to Pledge 1% is aligned with this and I believe it's something that employees want to see. Employees want to feel good about where they work and they want to know they're having an impact. Working for organizations that prioritize social impact will help with employee engagement and retention. It's also just the right thing to do!

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?

Yes! At The Wellness Value, we are committed to our community. We target our efforts towards education as that's something that's near and dear to my heart. We have taken the pledge and donate 1% of our profits to education and also donate much of our time. Another cause that's important to me is hunger. I will volunteer at the New Hampshire Food Bank with my children from time to time.

What’s the best piece of advice you've ever received?

Seek out feedback and give feedback. Thank those who are brave enough to give you feedback. Hold on to the feedback that will help you grow, throw away the rest of it!

"Seek out feedback and give feedback."

This year’s International Women’s Day themes are focused on investing in women and inspiring inclusion. What can we do to make today’s workplaces more equitable and inclusive for women?

I believe that this is so important. Our workplaces, our policies, and our benefits are not designed to support women in the workplace. We need to take a harder look at women's health issues and ensure that our benefits are built to support that.

In addition, the mandate to return to the office has a great impact on mothers. We need to rethink our strategies and our programs with women in mind. Our employees are diverse and our workforce is dynamic. It's time to step up our policies, benefits, and strategies to be just as dynamic.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

Build your personal board of directors. These are friends, families, co-workers, leaders, and other professionals who can help lift you up. They can help challenge you and challenge your thinking. They can open up your eyes to new ideas and new opportunities. They can be your best sounding board to help you as you travel on your journey.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

My goal is to make the world of work a happier and healthier place. There are a lot of exciting things happening at the Wellness Value that is helping us affect positive change in the world of work. I'm excited about this momentum and thrilled to see how it develops this year.

W (1) - Michelle Strasburger.png