cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pledge 1%'s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are paving the way for the next generation. While our featured leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, they are united in their efforts to promote equality for all women in the workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their journey to success, as well as lessons they’ve learned along the way. 

Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 5.53.32 PM.png

Lizet Zayas

Founder, Successfully

West New York, NJ, US

What is your current role? Briefly describe in 1-2 sentences.

I am the founder, executive coach, writer and philanthropist. With my company I support women to become better leaders, and give the opportunity for people give compelling speeches.

This year's International Women's Day theme is "Embrace Equity." What does this mean to you? How can we build workplaces that are more equitable and inclusive?

I am personally active on this topic. It starts by speaking constantly about the issues, not just went a tragedy happens or is on the news. When we join organizations we must ask what are they truly doing to change things? ask the benefits, how are changing work cultures. When there is a demand, companies will have to comply.

Do you have any mentors or role models who have helped you on your personal journey? 

I have hired coaches in the past, but a lot of challenges I had to learn on my own.

What’s the best piece of advice you ever received?

"Loving what is". A book a coach recommended. It took me years to fully accept this concept.

The past few years have brought many new and unprecedented challenges. What keeps you motivated or inspires you to stay optimistic?

Finding ways to inspire people and finding ways to connect with my art. Art allows me to see the beauty of life, is timeless and let's me feel peace.

Pledge 1% helps companies of all sizes and stages leverage their assets for social good. Why do you think it's important that companies prioritize social impact? Do you have any specific stories or examples from your work or colleagues you can share?

I believe in empowering people, especially those less fortunate. A portion of my profits goes towards the production and donations of The Magic in You, an entrepreneurship and life book for children and young adults in orphanages and foster homes so they can find wisdom e very day.

If you could describe yourself in one word what would that be and why?

Passionate. Everything I do is with passion for my work, my relationships, and my efforts to create change.

Do you have any unique or useful life hacks to help get through your day?

I had many but they had limits. I had to surrender to God and accept that humanity is just seeking for ways to live and we are not what we do or say. My hack now is to try to not judge, not assume that I know people or fully a situation and see problems as distractions but rather work on solutions that make people feel better about themselves. If I make someone feel better, I did a good deed today. I also have affirmations present in my home so I can remind myself of how to overcome mindset challenges.

Do you have any go-to apps or tools use love to use?

I open a quote from the bible app and I see a beautiful scripture with the sounds of the ocean or birds. I also like Insight Timer, they have beautiful music and sessions.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

I want to go to Colombia and donate books to the children in orphanages and spend a day with them to empower them, give them a talk and bring other entrepreneurs to enjoy a day interacting with them. Colombia is the country with the most orphanages in Latin America.