cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pledge 1%'s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are paving the way for the next generation.  While our featured leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, they are united in their efforts to promote equality for all women in the workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their journey to success, as well as lessons they’ve learned along the way. 

Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 6.42.38 PM.png

Liz Rhodes

COO, Art of Cloud

Liz Rhodes, COO, Art of Cloud

What is your current role? Briefly describe in 1-2 sentences.

Ensuring the success of the team and business by supporting both my colleagues and all our customers to achieve the best results possible.

This year's International Women's Day theme is "Embrace Equity." What does this mean to you? How can we build workplaces that are more equitable and inclusive?

Look beyond the obvious. We pro-actively support the alternative options and look for what each person can bring to the table which may not be paper qualifications but life experience, not a first class degree but a mind full of ideas, you may not be outwardly vocal but can express yourself through mind maps. I personally see a huge part of my role is helping people see their talents as we see them and leveraging them for growth at their own personal rate. One person may want letters after their name for others recognition and thank yous make them tick - by encouraging and embracing inclusivity and creating a culture of affirmation and equality for all ideas and opinions it allows everyone an opportunity to grow.

Do you have any mentors or role models who have helped you on your personal journey?

Lots - friends who inspire me, family who have taught me self belief and love, my colleagues now and in the past who I learn from every day. My teenage daughters whose outlook on life gives me a new perspective. There is something to learn from everyone who crosses our paths in life be they on our life train for one stop or the whole journey.

What’s the best piece of advice you ever received?

No is a complete sentence , you don't need to justify it.

The past few years have brought many new and unprecedented challenges. What keeps you motivated or inspires you to stay optimistic?

The everyday differences and challenges are always a chance to learn something or make a change. Even the hard days don't last and you come out the other side knowing something new

Pledge 1% helps companies of all sizes and stages leverage their assets for social good. Why do you think it's important that companies prioritize social impact? Do you have any specific stories or examples from your work or colleagues you can share?

I think it's so important to get involved, if everyone looks the other way communities don't change, society doesn't move forward and being part of a bigger whole is a good feeling. At Art of Cloud we have worked with local community groups and charities - we work closely with a local bed poverty charity, Zarach, by not only building their Salesforce System but also practically collection donations, making hampers and delivering Christmas parcels. We sponsor local sports teams and dance troupes. We raised money through sponsored activities for local activities - our team get involved through volunteering their time as well as financial support as being part of a community is definitely better than navigating life's journey solo.

If you could describe yourself in one word what would that be and why?

Empathetic -kind caring and really giving a damn.

Do you have any unique or useful life hacks to help get through your day?

Make a list! Then tick them off - it makes you feel good.

Do you have any go-to apps or tools use love to use?

Too Good To Go - an app to prevent food waste in local area - get some great bargains

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

We are looking forward to do a charity skydive to raise funds for Zarach and then personally I am going to be undertaking the cold water dip every day in March to raise money for cancer research. Goals wise I look forward to seeing my team continue to grow both at their role and as people.