cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pledge 1%'s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are paving the way for the next generation. While our featured leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, they are united in their efforts to promote equality for all women in the workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their journey to success, as well as lessons they’ve learned along the way.

WWL 2022 - Headshots(9).png

Lindsey Lanwehr

Director of Technical Support, Salesforce

Bloomington, IN, USA

What is your current role? Briefly describe in 1-2 sentences. 

I currently lead the Pardot Support organization at Salesforce. We are a driven, highly-skilled, diverse group of individuals that have one common goal. We make our customers successful. 

What’s the best part of your job? What do you enjoy the most?

Hands down, it is career growth. I feel so much pride when I've spent time investing in an employee's career and they achieve a promotion. Seeing their happiness truly makes me happy. 

We’ve all faced personal and professional challenges these past two years - what motivates you to keep going?

My family suffered a house fire during the summer of 2020. We were displaced from our house for 7 months. I did a lot of reflection during that time. My family was extremely lucky to have no injuries, great home insurance, flexibility at work, and an outpouring of support from our friends & family. Anytime I go back and think about this hard time in our life, it motivates me to continue being a better person each day. 

What’s the best piece of advice you ever received? 

Seek to understand. Asking questions is a key part of understanding many situations. Take the time to understand before jumping to conclusions. 

What does generosity mean to you?

Generosity means more than physical gifts. It can mean time volunteering or even just being kind to a stranger. The smallest acts of generosity can change someone's day. 

How do you feel businesses can play a larger role in solving today’s biggest challenges? Do you have any specific stories or examples from your work or colleagues you can share? 

Businesses can be the change. It doesn't need to be a charity or government that solves all the issues in our society. Businesses have the platform, resources, and workforce to be a driving source for change. One of the most creative ways that I've seen folks volunteer their time at Salesforce is through the organization Extra Life. Extra Life raises donations from gaming to fund Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. I've had the privilege of playing games for donations and donating directly to some wonderful colleagues that are passionate about helping sick and injured kids

If you could describe yourself in one word what would that be and why?

Resilient. Life can be hard...painfully hard. I've lived a good life, but it hasn't been without struggles. I've pushed through tough times and worked hard to rebuild myself. Each setback is an opportunity to grow. I am resilient.

If you could pick a song to guide you through 2022, which song would it be? 

I'm a Bloomington, Indiana native. That means John Mellencamp is often my go-to on Spotify. His new album features a song (Chasing Rainbows) that speaks to my soul. 

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

Professionally, I took a new role this year. It is a new team, a new product, and a new focus for me. I'm looking to bring my experience and perspective to help build upon the amazing work that is already being achieved. Taking on a new role can be scary, but it is also invigorating. Problem-solving is a core trait for me, so this gives me the opportunity to really dig in and get my hands dirty. Personally, my husband and I are building a new house. Once we move, we will be closer to friends and work. We are both looking forward to being more social and involved. 

Is there anything else you’d like to share?

I'm a big advocate for mental health resources being available to anyone that needs them. Personally, I suffered through infertility, late-term stillbirth, and postpartum depression. I needed access to mental health resources to bring me back from all of those experiences. All women should have more than just a 6-week postpartum doctor's appointment. Mental health needs to be as important as our physical health and everyone deserves access.