Lindsey-Kneuven-with-logoPluralsight

Pledge 1%’s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are changing the world. Our leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, and are all doing their part to have an impact in their communities and at their workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their background and path to success.

What is your name and title?

Lindsey Kneuven, Chief Impact Officer of Pluralsight and Executive Director of Pluralsight One.

Briefly (1-2 sentences) describe your current role.

Maximizing the power of Pluralsight’s people, technology and resources to democratize tech skills and revolutionize the way the world learns technology.

I am responsible for transforming the way nonprofit and K-12 organizations and their learners gain tech skills through management of the Pluralsight One social enterprise, partnerships, grants, product development and volunteerism.

What’s the best decision you’ve ever made?

Working across sectors and roles within the social impact field has been transformative.

I have worked for an international humanitarian organization, both on the ground in rural Kenya and from the organization’s headquarters stateside. I have worked in the private sector in wealth management for a community foundation, a corporate foundation, a grant-making organization, as well as the first company to incorporate as a Benefit Corporation and then receive venture funding. I’ve also served on numerous boards.

The breadth of experience and exposure to the different goals, strategies and needs has exposed me to models that are shaping the future. It has better equipped me to lead with empathy while developing partnerships with diverse stakeholders and building to achieve humanitarian principles.

What’s the number one challenge you face as a woman in your industry?

I frequently face the misperception that the social sector and my role are based on emotion, caring and relationships, rather than strategy, expertise or data-driven decision-making.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

Develop mastery and apply the full force of your skills, passion and network to the problems you want to solve.

What woman inspires you the most? Why?

For me, it’s not about one woman in particular. I’m inspired by the unsung women and girls across our local and global communities who are overcoming tremendous odds every day to advocate for their rights and their access to education. They carve out the space to speak up and fight inequality and injustice so they can realize their potential and lead.

Are you reading/listening to anything interesting at the moment? Please share your most recent favorite book or podcast!

Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson and Afghanistan by Steve McCurry.

What’s something coming up that excites you?

Upcoming travel to visit our NGO partners. I love working alongside humanitarians and community members who are impacted by global challenges to solve big systemic problems.