cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pledge 1%'s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are paving the way for the next generation. While our featured leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, they are united in their efforts to promote equality for all women in the workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their journey to success, as well as lessons they’ve learned along the way. 

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 3.21.06 PM.png

Libby Ziemelis

Customer Success Manager, DemandBlue

Chandler, AZ, USA

What is your current role? Briefly describe in 1-2 sentences.

As a Customer Success Manager with DemandBlue, I am the single point of contact for my clients. I work with nonprofits to understand their needs and business processes, create user stories and play the role of the voice of the customer all the while keeping my clients up to date on the progress we’re making as we work through projects.

What’s the best part of your job? What do you enjoy the most?

The best part of my job is an opportunity to be passionate about the missions of my clients. Supporting nonprofit organizations is core to who I am and my job allows me to explore alongside them ways to utilize technology to meet their missions.

We’ve all faced personal and professional challenges, especially during these past two years - what motivates you to keep going?

I’m reminded that who I am and what I do has an impact on those around me. First and foremost, I want my kids to see that small setbacks are not insurmountable and the simplest way to move forward is to make that decision to move forward and take action. Giving oneself grace to have feelings and process the challenges is important, but so is knowing that those challenges should not stop any forward progress.

What’s the best piece of advice you ever received?

Interestingly enough, the best piece of advice that comes to mind is one that was directed toward my son. One of the main focuses at my son’s school is on building the child’s growth mindset. That was a concept that I hadn’t been exposed to previously but learning the importance of living a life intentionally to have a positive outlook on learning really changed the way I take on challenges.

What does generosity mean to you?

Generosity to me is giving something of oneself to others without the expectation of something in return. That can be the giving of anything from time, or money to patience or kindness.

If you could describe yourself in one word what would that be and why?

Genuine. This word is very important to me, and in both my professional and personal life. Several years ago, I made a conscious decision to live an authentic life, to speak truths to both myself and others.

Is there anything else you'd like to share?

When I'm not spending time supporting nonprofits through my job, I love spending time with my kids and husband outdoors.