Untitled-design-19

Pledge 1%’s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are changing the world. Our leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, and are all doing their part to have an impact in their communities and at their workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their background and path to success.

What is your name and title?

LaShawn McGhee, Co-Founder | CPO of Revry.

Briefly (1-2 sentences) describe your current role.

As Chief Product Officer, I oversee the development and maintenance of our applications. I also manage the physical acquisition of Revry’s content from delivery through distribution.

What’s the best decision you’ve ever made?

Continuing to educate myself on best practices and trends in the streaming video space.

What’s the number one challenge you face as a woman in your industry?

Being heard, especially by people who have “more experience” than I do.

Do you have any mentors? What does mentorship mean to you?

Yes, mentors are essential. You need someone who can help you navigate things. I have both corporate and technical mentors.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

Learn everything you can about your chosen field and reach out to people who do the job you want to do.

What women inspires you the most? Why?

Bozoma Saint John. She commands the rooms, she’s in demand, and she is authentically herself in every environment.

When did your company join Pledge 1%? How long have you been working on your impact program?

Revry joined Pledge 1% in March of this year. We have been committed to impacting our community since Revry’s launch and one of the ways that we contribute is by participating in Mayor Garcetti’s Internship program call Evolve.

Are you reading/listening to anything interesting at the moment? 

I’m a huge fan of the podcast Masters of Scale with Reed Hoffman.

What is something coming up that excites you?

We are launching a new set of features for our owned and operated applications. I can’t wait to share it with the world!