Untitled-design-11-1

Pledge 1%’s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are changing the world. Our leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, and are all doing their part to have an impact in their communities and at their workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their background and path to success.

What is your name and title?

Kimberly Georgeton, Managing Director of Digital at Simplus.

Briefly (1-2 sentences) describe your current role.

I am in charge of developing and growing the digital commerce and marketing capabilities for Simplus.

What’s the best decision you’ve ever made?

Staying true to my beliefs and convictions.

What’s the number one challenge you face as a woman in your industry?

Being taken seriously.

Do you have any mentors? What does mentorship mean to you?

Yes, I have had multiple mentors over the years– some formal and some informal. Most of them were previous female managers who understood our plight. Mentorship is modeling the way and providing a sounding board and feedback loop to whatever you’re facing in your career and life.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

Be who you are, but also be open to new ideas.

What women inspires you the most? Why?

My mother. She was strong of conviction, even in the face of adversity and challenge. She had a quiet strength that permeated and always counted on her faith to lead her.

Are you reading/listening to anything interesting at the moment?

Educated by Tara Westover and The Road Back to You by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile.

What is something coming up that excites you?

Taking my daughter on a trip to Paris; and, of course, any other new and exciting partnerships and opportunities for my team to learn and be engaged!