cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pledge 1%'s #WomenWhoLead series celebrates female leaders who are paving th e way for the next generation.  While our featured leaders come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, they are united in their efforts to promote equality for all women in the workplace. We’ve asked them to share a bit about their journey to success, as well as lessons they’ve learned along the way. 

Screenshot 2023-02-19 at 10.02.15 AM.png

Julie-Anne Mizzi

Managing Partner and CEO, Plenary Funds Management

Sydney, NSW, Australia

What is your current role? Briefly describe in 1-2 sentences.

As the inaugural Managing Partner and CEO of Plenary Funds Management, I am responsible for creating an investment management business that invests in sustainable social infrastructure assets.

What’s the best part of your job? What do you enjoy the most?

Starting with a blank sheet of paper means we have this incredible opportunity to create the fund management of the future. We have unleashed the innovation potential within the team that has revolutionised a fund manager's typical interaction with investors, sustainability approach and even our corporate philanthropy program.

We’ve all faced personal and professional challenges, especially during these past two years - what motivates you to keep going?

Creating a business that will permanently change the industry for the better.

What’s the best piece of advice you ever received?

We all have to do boring things in our job but we don't have to do it all the time. So take joy in the things you love doing, but even as a CEO I have to do the boring bits too!

What does generosity mean to you?

Recognising that I have been lucky and helping others who aren't in the same position.

How do you feel businesses can play a larger role in solving today’s biggest challenges? Do you have any specific stories or examples from your work or colleagues you can share?

Join Pledge 1%! It's a great way to leverage your giving as you grow. At Plenary Funds Management we are giving away 1% of our product which means up to 1% of our fund is available for charities to invest fee-free. We don’t want charities’ hard earned dollars in fees, we want to support them in using their funds for good.

We also have strict ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) criteria for every investment with a strong focus on reducing the carbon footprint in all our assets. We believe that we should act with purpose and meaning in everything we do.

If you could describe yourself in one word what would that be and why?

Interested - I find people and ideas fascinating and always looking for new things to learn

If you could pick a song to guide you through 2022, which song would it be?

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

Launching our flagship fund which is no mean feat!