Did you mean: 
Pledge 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

2024 #WomenWhoLead covers.png

Jessica Shor

General Counsel, Contentstack

📍Golden, USA

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be and why?

Tenacious. I don't believe in giving up or failure if it's at all in my control. I also love solving problems even when they are outside of my "lane".  I once had a competitors offices raided by the Czechia police for theft of our IP. For me it comes down to fairness and equality, and I believe taking competitive information isn't fair. 

Pledge 1% provides a framework for businesses to do good. Do you think it’s important for today’s corporate leaders to prioritize social impact? If so, why?

Absolutely. I believe it's critical for all individuals and organizations to do their part for equality, especially in our society today where we are so divided.

"Giving back and showing employees, customers and prospective employees that social impact is a critical part of who we are as an organization helps us keep growing our incredible culture and support our community."

Do you give back to the community with your team and work? If so, what does this look like?

100%. For me, I live in Colorado and we have a group of employees here across different departments. We try to get together once a month and volunteer. We usually go to food for thought where we pack lunches for kids who might not otherwise have food for the weekend. It's a great and easy way for us to come together and give back, especially in a remote environment. It's nice to be able to get together.

What’s the best piece of advice you've ever received?

If someone is willing to give you feedback, it means they care so thank them.

This year’s International Women’s Day themes are focused on investing in women and inspiring inclusion. What can we do to make today’s workplaces more equitable and inclusive for women?

I'm the executive leader for our women's ERG and I'm bringing in an amazing speaker and friend to talk to women about financial independence, negotiating for themselves and the value of equity.

What advice do you have for women who are just starting their career?

Always advocate for yourself. Decisions are made about you in rooms you aren't in so you need to be your biggest champion.

What are you looking forward to this year? Are there any goals (personal or professional), activities, or experiences you are excited about?

Being more mindful with my time, body and family.